More on Ted Nugent in the National Bowhunters Hall of Fame

BornToHuntAndFish

:cool:

Bet Fred Bear is smiling down on Uncle Ted from heaven . . .

Details from:

http://www.bowhunting.com/blog/post...ed-into-National-Bowhunters-Hall-of-Fame.aspx

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/general/news/story?id=3883877

http://www.tednugent.com/hunting/news/2008/default.aspx?PostID=636941

http://www.tednugent.com/hunting/news/2007/default.aspx?PostID=177916

:flag:

Ted Nugent Elected into National Bowhunters Hall of Fame by Bow Staff

11. February 2009 14:58

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.”

-Ted Nugent

Nugent began bowhunting around 1956 — approximately the same time he picked up his first guitar. He has made successful careers in the two seemingly disparate fields, but it makes sense to Nugent.

Love him or hate him, no one bowhunter over the past quarter century has had more influence or impact on the American public than "Motor City Madman", Ted Nugent. His tireless accolades include award winning television shows, best selling books, countless charity work, and a rock n' roll career that has spanned the last 4 decades! An outspoken conservationist, the 60 year old Nuge has hunted with our presidents, spoken before our Senate, and fought alongside the NRA. Yes.. Ted has come a long way from the man who once shot flaming arrows into his concert-goers' seats. Today, the only thing Ted shoots is his signature bow and anybody who stands in his way and the way of the American ideal.

This past February 6th, 2009, Ted Nugent may have just received the greatest tribute of his life as he is inducted into The National Bowhunters Hall of Fame. The induction, which took place in Las Vegas, Nevada, was part of the National Field Archery Association's World Archery Festival at the famed Riviera Hotel. Ted is being honored for both his excellence in bowhunting and literary excellence. This acknowledgement is presented to him for his outstanding skills as an avid outdoorsman, and his tireless promotion of the sport of bowhunting through his many best-selling books and popular writings.

"The future of the shooting sports in this country is in the hands of tomorrow's outdoorsmen and women," Nugent says. "The youth of America must be educated to the wholesome and valued world of hunting and conservation. Because rock 'n roll plays such a pivotal role in a young person's life, I will share my wonderful lifestyle and experiences with them."

To me, the firearm deer season is a special time for hunters and their families in Michigan - one that should not be reduced to bickering over differing hunting practices.

Opening morning is a tidal wave of emotions hitting hunters when they awaken and travel to their blind or stand. Brimming with anticipation and hope, all of us wonder What will I see today? Is this the year I get a monster buck?

Opening day unfolds under skies that the mind's eye sees as blue, regardless of their actual color. And before you know it, opening day is over, and all that's left is the telling of stories - about the buck harvested, or the one that got away.

Deer hunting is also about passing on hunting traditions and teaching younger hunters safe hunting practices. Whether you eat the same meal at dinner after opening day (as my family does) or you wear your lucky hunting socks, traditions matter to hunters.

If any of this sounds familiar, then you are one of the hundreds of thousands of Michiganians who share a passion - a passion for deer hunting. We all belong to an exclusive fraternity of hunters. And like brothers who sometimes disagree, we can look past our differences because the love for hunting we share is far more powerful than things that divide us.

When asked for his five top tips for hunting whitetail deer, Nugent offers this advice.

1) Go hunting at every possible opportunity.

2) Hunt as slow and stealthy as you possibly can and maintain extreme discipline.

3) Concentrate on achieving a level of intense awareness of everything around you to better understand and become one with the beast.

4) Diligently practice with your weapon of choice in order to be as knowledgeable, safe, aware, accurate, deadly and efficient as possible.

5) Study the habits and habitat of the animal as often as possible and consider hunting a year-round pursuit.

And once you've taken your whitetail? "Marinate it in olive oil, Vernors ginger ale, garlic, pepper and garlic salt overnight in a covered glass container. Drip, dry and grill for heaven on Earth. Of course that is as long as you have killed, cleaned, aged and processed it with tender loving care. Then...eat ‘em up!"

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/nugent honoured with hunting accolade_1094167

02/07/2009 01:00:48

TED NUGENT - NUGENT HONOURED WITH HUNTING ACCOLADE

Caption: Ted Nugent perfroming live at the at the Indigo² at The O2 Arena. London, England ....

Rocker and outdoorsman TED NUGENT has been inducted into the National Bowhunters Hall of Fame in Nevada.The Cat Scratch Fever singer was honoured on Friday (06Feb09) as part of the National Field Archery Association’s World Archery Festival at the Riviera Hotel.

Nugent was recognised for his excellence in bowhunting and his literary excellence in the promotion of hunting via his books, columns and essays.

The rock star began bowhunting in the mid-1950s and has become one of the sport's top names.
He explains, “I started twanging the one-string (bow) about the same time as the six-string (guitar). There was some sort of bow and arrow in my hands as young as six or seven, I’m sure. Got my first guitar around the same time and both have remained my favourite weapons to date."

Top U.S. archer Terry Martin, who was among those honouring Nugent in Las Vegas, says, "Ted has done more to promote archery in the last 20 years in all media than any other person."

02/07/2009 01:00:48 AM

Attachments

• Ted Nugent.jpg
    Ted Nugent.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,370
  • Ted Nugent2.jpg
    Ted Nugent2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 635

hevishot

Banned
cool! Hope he makes into the "Master Baiters Hall of Fame" and the "High fence Shooters Hall of Fame"...

DouglasB.

cool! Hope he makes into the "Master Baiters Hall of Fame" and the "High fence Shooters Hall of Fame"...

Was going to remain quiet on this one... but man I'm glad someone said it...

Truth be told the man has done a lot for our sport. His voice has been well used... his practices, I completely disagree with. Some folks are better off being the salesman, but not the trainer.

SELFBOW

Was going to remain quiet on this one... but man I'm glad someone said it...

Truth be told the man has done a lot for our sport. His voice has been well used... his practices, I completely disagree with. Some folks are better off being the salesman, but not the trainer.

After reading chippewa partners bashing of baiters and high fence hunters and then reading he said he was with Nugent the other week (those 2 don't go together)I sent his staff an email.
This was the reply:
Ted has often quoted the following: People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered. LOVE THEM ANYWAY If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. DO GOOD ANYWAY If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. SUCCEED ANYWAY The good you do will be forgotten tomorrow. DO GOOD ANYWAY Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. BE HONEST AND FRANK ANYWAY What you spent years building may be destroyed. BUILD ANYWAY People really need help but may attack you if you help them. HELP PEOPLE ANYWAY Give the world the best you've got and you'll get kicked in the teeth. GIVE THE WORLD YOUR BEST ANYWAY

fivesolas

Banned
tell me there is no such thing as a Master Baiter Hall of Fame. lol

The few days I spent on Ted Nugents Texas high-fence ranch a couple of weeks ago were fun and interesting. Ted is a great guy sharing a campfire and meal for sure and his "ZEBRA" colored arrows are a hoot.
As a Life Member, as are my two sons, of the NRA I feel that Ted Nugent does a great job in representing sportsmen and I hope that he can put his full weight behind the proposed million man gun-owner march on Washington DC next year.

http://www.federalobserver.com/2009/02/15/coryell-the-million-gunowner-march/

His feeding operation reminds me of a good Iowa or Minnesota feed lot, especially with his breeding population of oryx. Although I didn't see any mule deer on the property he said he had some. The dozens of gagger whitetail bucks were truly a beautiful sight. It is amazing how much antler can be grown in a stress-free feeding operation of that size.

My personal stand on baiting is pretty simple. If it is legal and somebody wants to hunt in that manner have at it. I feel that baiting is a tactic desired by lazy hunters that do not want to learn woodsmanship skills or spend the time to study deer, their behaviour or their movement patterns.

I think baiting is a tactic designed to circumvent effort, knowledge and skill. I was born in Minnesota and attended college and law school there; I think the MN DNR is on the right track.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/volunteer/sepoct08/bait.html

I know where I stand so'll I stand there.

You can hunt how you like.

Last edited:

TAG

I sure don't agree with everything that spews from his mouth or all of his hunting techniques. But I do know his heart is in the right place.:fine: