Morning Magnum on the Popper w/vids&pic

Scout'nStripers

We got back out on the water this morning and the little surface popper did it again. I didn't really expect much but we did see a few fish come to the surface. We caught a couple smaller fish before I ran to a little cove where I'd been trying to catch a few big bass that had been in the cove every morning feeding on bluebacks. I missed my last opportunity to catch one of the big spots a couple days ago but I didn't miss this morning. On my first cast in the cove I finally nailed the big girl. She missed on the first strike but came right back to it and nailed it. She weighed around 5 and a half and it's the biggest on the little surface popper so far. Here's a couple vids and a pic from this morning.

Attachments

• magnum.jpg
    magnum.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,580
Last edited:

Dirk

Wow. That's a Fattie... Great job Jim and I have to get a couple of those from you in that color. I will try to remember to go to your website tonight.

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys. I keep thinking this popper bite is starting to tank but the popper is hangin in there like a hair on a biscuit. I had just spooled some fresh 8lb mono on the reel and it had a couple dozen casts and a dink or two on it. It was a great feeling to finally set the hook on her and I felt pretty confident she was coming to the boat.

StriperrHunterr

Thanks guys. I keep thinking this popper bite is starting to tank but the popper is hangin in there like a hair on a biscuit. I had just spooled some fresh 8lb mono on the reel and it had a couple dozen casts and a dink or two on it. It was a great feeling to finally set the hook on her and I felt pretty confident she was coming to the boat.

Just hold out till Saturday.

joehughes1965

That is a nice spot! Love the color on that popper!

Klag

I caught my first ever topwater fish today on that exact popper! It's my new favorite lure! Mine wasn't nearly as big but it was my first time ever topwater fishing. I didn't expect to catch anything but first cast, a fish missed twice, 2nd cast I hooked one!

IMG_20141022_164233_099.jpg

Lanier Jim

Toad Jim....TOAD!

LJ

Scout'nStripers

Thanks for all they kind words guys.
Just hold out till Saturday.
I think it will Mike. It's only going to get warmer. Should be some nice fishing this weekend.
I caught my first ever topwater fish today on that exact popper! It's my new favorite lure! Mine wasn't nearly as big but it was my first time ever topwater fishing. I didn't expect to catch anything but first cast, a fish missed twice, 2nd cast I hooked one!
IMG_20141022_164233_099.jpg
How about that! Congrats on the firsts! It's my new favorite lure too. I haven't put it down in the last month. The awesome part of using the lure is that they'll usually come back to it if they miss it. Sometimes I have a premature jerkulation and take it away from them before they eat it.
WTG Klag!:cheers:

StriperrHunterr

Excellent.

Thanks for all they kind words guys.

I think it will Mike. It's only going to get warmer. Should be some nice fishing this weekend.

How about that! Congrats on the firsts! It's my new favorite lure too. I haven't put it down in the last month. The awesome part of using the lure is that they'll usually come back to it if they miss it. Sometimes I have a premature jerkulation and take it away from them before they eat it.
WTG Klag!:cheers:

I looked up the weather and it's looking choice. Great temps with a little wind to scatter the light. Should be a great day.

I got mine last night, thanks again, Jim.

Scout'nStripers

Just messin with ya. Nice fish
I know Troy, thanks. You wouldn't believe my cameraman yesterday. We were lucky to get any video. He was actually/literally texting while he was catching a fish at one point.

okay, where can i order this thing??
pm sent

Last edited:

TroyBoy30

I know Troy, thanks. You wouldn't believe my cameraman yesterday. We were lucky to get any video. He was actually/literally texting while he was catching a fish at one point.

thats some serious multi tasking. ive been stuck on throwing the sammy lately. Ive got a new color and i have no idea where i found it. I always like to have a second of every color, but i cant find it any where. ive had great luck with this one though

LCSA-LCG-1.jpg

Scout'nStripers

thats some serious multi tasking. ive been stuck on throwing the sammy lately. Ive got a new color and i have no idea where i found it. I always like to have a second of every color, but i cant find it any where. ive had great luck with this one though

LCSA-LCG-1.jpg

I like that. I wish I could find that iridescent pearl paint color in liquid paint. I use iridescent powder coats for my lead and plastics. I just can't find the iridescent liquid paint for my hard baits. I can see why that's a good one.