mouth calls

RPM

Thread starter #1
What is you favorite mouth call/set of mouth calls or is there much of a difference between them?

I've got a box call but didn't seem to get the hang of a slate type call. Had a set of mouth calls but they are shot.

Hawken2222

My two favorate mouth calls are XT and Dan Kendall Diaphrams.

Michaelp

I must have a hundred laying around or in the fridge...but the bird I killed last night was from a 3 pack of HS strut calls from walmart. I used the single reed, and he loved it. I leave them in the car in case I forget my "good" calls. I think some calls sound better than others, but rythem is the key. I have a friend who is horrible on a diaphram and has been for years...but he slays em, and uses nothing else. He has a nice rythem.

To answer the OP...I really like Woodhaven calls. Raspy, Raspy diaphrams.

Son

I can make any call a turkey makes on a mouth call, including the gobble.
But
I just don't like em for several reasons. You have to keep em in your mouth or drop em in a pocket where lint gets on em. Next hunt, the call may be dry, but remember it was wet before with spit. Tried em for a few years and found out, all I needed was an ol box call. Not knocking anybody who likes em, just my opinion,.

goblr77

I've had different calls as my favorite over the years. At the moment it's a Cane Creek Mr. Death. Cane Creek Smoker is up on the list as well.

goblr77

But
I just don't like em for several reasons. You have to keep em in your mouth or drop em in a pocket where lint gets on em. Next hunt, the call may be dry, but remember it was wet before with spit. Tried em for a few years and found out, all I needed was an ol box call. Not knocking anybody who likes em, just my opinion,.
I use friction calls the majority of the time as well. A Lonzo's glass pot call and a Billy White Hustlin Hen box come out of the vest first.

Timber1

But
Yeah, but if you sit on one you can still use it. ;). I believe which ever call you feel most confident in use it. They will all call in a gobbler with a little practice.