Moving hogs

Ihunt

I have not read this myself but I was told the new baiting bill has a new law in it that applies to trappers and doggers. If you are caught transporting a live hog you can be fined $1500.00. As I said, I have not read this nor am I stirring the pot. This is a FYI. If this applies to you, you may want to verify this. Good Luck and Happy Hunting however you choose to do it.

benosmose

I cant find the current status of the bill or when it will be voted on any help?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
We already had a law that prevented one from casually moving a wild hog:

Relocating feral hogs is illegal unless they have tested negative for brucellosis and pseudorabies within 30 days prior to being moved. Individuals who relocate hogs in violation of laws and regulations are subject to prosecution by the Dept. of Agriculture. It is illegal to stock hogs on public lands or on private lands without permission of the landowner.

Jester896

Senior Clown
We already had a law that prevented one from casually moving a wild hog:

Relocating feral hogs is illegal unless they have tested negative for brucellosis and pseudorabies within 30 days prior to being moved. Individuals who relocate hogs in violation of laws and regulations are subject to prosecution by the Dept. of Agriculture. It is illegal to stock hogs on public lands or on private lands without permission of the landowner.

i think that has been the fine all along if your are caught...i have seen that figure before but I can't remember if it was GADA or USDA

with a permit you can take them to slaughter or straight to your holding area to be tested.

man it is so much easier to kill um and haul um out

Last edited: