Family of wild hogs minus 1

AjaDog

Yesterday about dusk feeding my dogs, something caught my eye down in my back field, to my amazement it was 3 lil piglets, 2 yearlings, and 1 big momma,I thought to my self as hurriedly sneaking to my back door, hope they don't run off, through the kitchen, into the shelf where all the rifles are, I grabbed my Marlin 30-30, and out the front door, snuck around behind the dog kennels, and got within, 40 yds of them, the piglets were about the same size as a big tom cat, the 2 yearlings were about 90lbs give or take well big momma, really thick and big, I had shot a big doe almost in the same place 2 Thanksgivings ago, never again, so I rested the 30-30 against a big bull pine, cocked the hammer, as drawing the cross hairs into focus on one of the yearlings, I told myself hope you are still zeroed, ( haven't shot this rifle in a year or so) squeezed the trigger down went the pig, shot between the eyes, and out in front of the shoulder momma didn't like that at all for a second thought she was going to find me, but she took off after the others this is the 2nd time I have ever seen hogs here, now I am sure where all my corn has been disappearing to, IMG_20231209_172310362_HDR.jpgIMG_20231209_180238757.jpgIMG_20231209_172258930.jpg

AjaDog

Congrats! Good shot.
Yes I guess so I was concerned because that rifles zeroed in like all my other ones at 100 yards and shooting at that little head of his I aimed at its tip of its nose and I hit it right dead center between eyeballs I was happy he was quartering me too facing me but I appreciate you replying have a great night

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yes I guess so I was concerned because that rifles zeroed in like all my other ones at 100 yards and shooting at that little head of his I aimed at its tip of its nose and I hit it right dead center between eyeballs I was happy he was quartering me too facing me but I appreciate you replying have a great night
I got 2 in a trap. Sunrise in the morning. Well once it warms up a little.

AjaDog

I got 2 in a trap. Sunrise in the morning. Well once it warms up a Little

I got 2 in a trap. Sunrise in the morning. Well once it warms up a little.
Well it was the very least I expected or was thinking what happened to see them in my backfield it's only second time and my 10 years of living there that I've seen but I was very elated friend of mine that lives 100 or so Miles upstate from me him and his father trapped hogs all the time and in the back of my mind I kept thinking months ago I would like to have a small and I got one but thanks for replying

AjaDog

Surprise surprise surprise! Woohoo! Way to get after them!
Yeah man I was really elated and excited at the same time as I was walking behind my dog kennel with my 30-30 to take one out I've been looking for something like that for quite a while instead of buying stuff in the grocery stores expensive it's got but I enjoyed it it was very good and I've got plenty more so later on in the year in the beginning of next year appreciate your I'll post and you're post and have a great day man

rosewood

Good shootin'!

Why didn't you shoot the mama 1st? I have found the younger ones scatter and panic and may come back if you shoot the big one and wait a bit. Then you get another shot.

Rosewood

rosewood

rosewood

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Well, you got some BBQ out of it so the corn didn't go to waste. I would have gone for the mama first too but fresh BBQ meat is fresh BBQ meat. Free too. :rockon: