My Dad's First Turkey

Mudfeather

Thanks for a refreshed perspective!!

Jake Allen

Thanks for posting this Debbie, a great story.
I am sorry for your loss, but happy you all made all of those memories and happy for the good times your dad had with his family, and the outdoors.

TurkeyManiac

I was thinking about you and your father just last week Debbie. So very, very sorry for your loss.

I'm sure though that the last two years worth of memories gives you great comfort and ease. I still have conversations with my father everytime I'm in the woods or fishing.
Great pic of your father sitting in the stand!

pnome

Great story TBB! Sorry about your loss, but it's pretty clear you help make your father's last couple years count.

Maduro on Point

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for your loss but as you say what great memories to carry forward I am sure your dad is smiling down on you!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
I was thinking about you and your father just last week Debbie. So very, very sorry for your loss.

I'm sure though that the last two years worth of memories gives you great comfort and ease. I still have conversations with my father everytime I'm in the woods or fishing.
Great pic of your father sitting in the stand!

Jason, I can never thank you enough for what you did, intentional or not. The last couple of years were very special. When the river was flooding a few weeks ago, I waded out to the blind in my mud boots, then sat in the blind until dark, watching wood ducks swimming back and forth, enjoying the peace and quiet, reminiscing on the time spent with my Dad. I've wanted to post this for a while, just hard to do. I'm hoping that some of you reading this will be inspired to get your Dad (or Mom :)) out of the house and back in the woods this year.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. I'm posting a link to the first story about my Dad getting back in the woods and hunting again, in case some of you may have missed it.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=588541&highlight=

goblr77

Thanks for sharing that. I lost my Dad in 2001 and still think about him every day. It's nice to pull out some old hunting pics sometimes and reminisce.

Geffellz18

Great story. Puts it all into perspective as to whats really important in life. Sorry to hear about your loss.