My Son’s best. Bucked out

rugerfan

Congrats to you and your son!

cliffdweller

Man I wish I could find and collect a buck like that!! What an awesome hunt, tell him congrats!!

Pruitt1

Congrats to you and your son on a great buck and memory's to enjoy. Keep him hunting and killing them big bucks.

Big7

The Oracle
That's a Gorilla !!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That young man has done killed a truck load since October of last year :LOL:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo to every one of them! I’m sorry I missed it last year! Man what a stud buck! Put your phone down and shoot him is almost as funny as I’m trying to get the picture to load……:rofl:

rstallings1979

My son, who turned 12 last week killed his 12th deer this morning. Pretty sure it is his best deer as far as gross scoring goes. We were sitting on a road bed littered with scrapes I put a cam on last weekend. I’ve been getting quite a few bucks passing through and hitting the scrapes and had this deer show up yesterday evening in shooting light, so that’s where we went this morning.
around 8:15 we heard some loud grunts from the bottom, but due to the steep terrain we couldn’t see what was doing the grunting.
I was facing 180* of the way my son was facing just to cover the whole area. At 9:00 I get an alert on my phone from the cell cam on the road we are sitting. I turn around the tree and see the buck standing 75-80 yards in front of my son. I say “there’s a deer son” he responds with “I know I’m trying to get the pic to load to see what it is” ??‍♂️??‍♂️ ((with his phone in his hands), he was worried about killing a small spike by mistake and using his second buck tag). I said “put your phone down and shoot him, it’s a good buck” He took aim and shot. The deer jumped straight up 3’-4’ then ran out the top of the ridge. I witnessed him run 100 yards and got worried.

We got up and went to the hit site. I started following the turned up leaves and found 1 bb sized drop of blood. I kept asking where he aimed and if he was confident in his shot. He said he held square on shoulder. I keep following the turned up leaves across the ridge and made it to where I last saw him. I was about to text a man with a dog and had done told my son “this don’t look good, not sure if we will find him, but we gonna give it our all”. When I got to the crest of the ridge and looked down the hill I could see his rack about 50 yards ahead. We high fived then went and took some pics after he FaceTimed momma, then the work began. Between the late Braves games and me shooting a doe yesterday I’m whooped.

He has used both of his Georgia buck tags now, but we will try to get him on an Alabama buck in a few weeks.

Deer was quartering to us more than I thought. His shot was true, low in the shoulder, but the 150gr hornady eldx didn’t exit and was in the guts somewhere.

We are sitting inside the circled area in trail cam pic. View attachment 1113374View attachment 1113375View attachment 1113376
Congrats!!! Nothing like watching your kids enjoy and have success in the outdoors.

Dupree

Yup, this one has been hanging in the house for about 5 months now.

wvdawg

Staff member
Mighty fine - congrats!