National Guard Junior Championship and FLW Cupo

EZ Spin

Well what a weekend! The National Guard Junior World Championship and the FLW Cup all on our local lake and I thought it was a blast. I was blessed to be a captain for two of the kids fishing the TBF Championship Friday. My Nitro Z8 was boat number 22 and I got to take two kids out for a day on our local water. Many of the kids had the opportunity to pre-fish up in Little River and Wahoo Creek but the two anglers -Jake from Nevada (the older one) and Levi from Delaware (the younger angler) who joined me had not even had a chance to pre-fish. These kids said the rarely fished water over ten feet deep so I felt they were at a little disadvantage. Both arrived the day before. Because these kids were used to shallow largemouth fishing I took them into the back of Wahoo and Little River. As captains we were not allowed to tell them how and where to fish so I set my Nitro down in one of my best largemouth areas and they started fishing. Levi-The younger kid had a nice fish blow up on a Spook on almost his first cast so they had their hopes up high right away. Another boat that definitely had pre-fished set down right in front of us and I can't say I blame them because I could tell they knew the spot on the spot as they boated 2 keepers in the first 5 casts. The older kid, Jake went around them and kept fishing down the bank. The younger kid-Levi-Caught a really nice two and a half pound spot on a ways down the bank and also caught a fish that was so close to being a keeper that we put it in the live well. We checked later and I thought the fish touched the line but he didn't want to chance it an let that fish go. I felt bad that neither one made the cut but I gave them each a bag with Big Bite and SPRO lures and Minn Kota Hats.
I was out on the water Saturday trying to find my friend Cody Meyer. I watched Shinichi Fukae, Scott Canterbury and finally ran in to Cody down lake and got to see him cull a fish and I clapped and cheered him on. All of these anglers were fishing deep water areas that looked to be 30 feet or deeper. Cody came in 11th and missed the final day cut by a hair. I felt bad for him but he is an awesome angler. He has taught me a few tricks when we have fished together.
The Expo was busy especially Sunday when they had a big turnout. My wife got to fill a bag full of freebies and got to see a lot of friends so it was cool.
Thanks to the FLW, TBF and the State of Georgia for bring an event that helped boost our local economy. Hope we get another big event soon! See you all out on the water! Good fishing and God Bless! Eric Aldrich

Attachments

• Kids Fishing.jpg
    Kids Fishing.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Cody Meyer.jpg
    Cody Meyer.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Scott Canterbury.jpg
    Scott Canterbury.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Shinichi Fukae.jpg
    Shinichi Fukae.jpg