Need gunsmith for Marlin 1894 Made in 1902.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Hello fine folks!
I'm in Commerce Ga.
I have a Marlin 1894 in 38-40 that seems to function wonderfully except the fireing pin is not working.
My wife n I looked on youtube and other online articles on how to check fireing pin. But we can not get one of the pins in the bolt to punch out. (I do not have a proffessional punch, nor would I hit it hard as I could), But one pin will not move as easy as the other did.
Any way, I am not a gunsmith, I am probaly over my head so I just want to ask around about a gunsmith who could take on this job for me.

Dub

I have had good results using Kroil penetrating oil.

Lay the gun so the pin is vertical and keep dabbing some Kroil on the pin daily…allowing it to “soak” around that pin.

Try tapping it out after a week or so.

rosewood

It may be tapered, seems like you have to tap out from bottom to top??

Also, firing pins are still available. They use the same pin as the ones made before Marlin was bought by Remington. Likely still the same now.

The 336/1895 firing pin fit my 1893 made in about 1920 or perfectly, was only about $23 from Midway. I bought 2.

Rosewood

rosewood

Well, just checked Midway, shows the 1895/336 firing pin discontinued. Glad I ordered 2. Couldn't find the 1894 firing pin either.

Numrich may be the only option. Can check Ebay also.

Rosewood

Latest posts