Nelly, Tanny, Harry and friends in Kansas Year 6!

nellyw92

Cody and I loaded the truck up Wednesday and just pulled out of the parking lot of the office! We are projected to arrive at 1:30 am. Rick, Heater, and Pat are going to be pulling in this evening. Tanny flies in late tonight and Harry will be flying in Thursday. We are hunting a week later than we normally do but as y’all have read the action was always picking up later in the week as we were leaving. The farmer has seen a BIG 13 that we would love to get our hands on. Weather is projected to be warm but the moon will be right and it’s the right time of the year! Anyone wanting to see a #PolarPlunge cause I feel like jumping into some cold water! Kansas Baby!!!!

campboy

Cody and I loaded the truck up Wednesday and just pulled out of the parking lot of the office! We are projected to arrive at 1:30 am. Rick, Heater, and Pat are going to be pulling in this evening. Tanny flies in late tonight and Harry will be flying in Thursday. We are hunting a week later than we normally do but as y’all have read the action was always picking up later in the week as we were leaving. The farmer has seen a BIG 13 that we would love to get our hands on. Weather is projected to be warm but the moon will be right and it’s the right time of the year! Anyone wanting to see a #PolarPlunge cause I feel like jumping into some cold water! Kansas Baby!!!!
Lookin forward to your posts!!

Smokim

The wait is finally over. I am sitting at the Atl airport but tomorrow morning I will sitting in a tree in the Land of the Giants! So excited about the hunt this year. Nelly and I brought our brother in law Cody and three friends. We will be hunting our usual farm in Council Grove and they will be in public land (our land owner only lets two of us hunt at a time). Harry did not get drawn this year but I did purchase a 215 acre farm with a buddy south of us in Elk County, Kansas. It is covered up in deer. So Harry gets the land owner tag for that farm. I will pick him up from the airport and will hunt there with him Thursday through Sat. And I will be with Nelly and friends in Council Grove tomorrow through Thursday. Weather does not look great but we should be hitting the rut just right. Hopefully a few big Kansas beast take a dirt nap! We will be LFTT with the sun up. I will be more than happy to take my #polarplunge.

Smokim

And we are live! I hung a stand in the dark (lots of fun). I am sitting in the south side of the property and the west side of a crp field. Deer should feed from out front of me to my right. We have a SE wind this morning so this should work perfect.

nellyw92

I just watched my first Kansas sunrise of the season!!
I’m in N stand where Harry has killed both his deer. I’m N of a bedding area with cut corn 100 yds to the E. Light SE wind 41° and it’s go time!! I like swimming in November

Attachments

• IMG_1887.png
    IMG_1887.png
    546 KB · Views: 14