New Hat, Old Hatband

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My new hunting hat came in today and the old rattlesnake crawled up and wrapped itself around it, just like 3 hats before this one. Sometime around 1975 or so, I made this hatband and put it on my Saturday night cowboy hat. No picture of that one. Then it went to a new Bailey hat. Then it went to a Stetson. Then it denned up until this hat came along. Not bad for an old diamondback that`s pushing 50 years old.

That first hat and this band got tipped to a drop dead gorgeous Redhead at Banana`s Night Club way back when. Must have done something right because going on 42 deer and turkey seasons she`s still with me.

hat 2 (2).jpghat 3 (2).jpghat 4.jpg

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
My new hunting hat came in today and the old rattlesnake crawled up and wrapped itself around it, just like 3 hats before this one. Sometime around 1975 or so, I made this hatband and put it on my Saturday night cowboy hat. No picture of that one. Then it went to a new Bailey hat. Then it went to a Stetson. Then it denned up until this hat came along. Not bad for an old diamondback that`s pushing 50 years old.

That first hat and this band got tipped to a drop dead gorgeous Redhead at Banana`s Night Club way back when. Must have done something right because going on 42 deer and turkey seasons she`s still with me.

View attachment 1259067View attachment 1259068View attachment 1259070
So, what's the make and model of the new lid???

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I still have a couple of Stetson 4X beavers, ain't wore them in a bit. Ain't got no idea why either...
My boonies have been my go to since the late 70's.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I wear a Tilley Airflow most of the time. I believe it’s about time to send it to the dry cleaners.

alphachief

1696876466578.jpeg

My girlfriend gave me this Resistol for my 20th birthday in 1980. She’s been gone for forty years but this old hat has stayed true. I’ve got a couple Stetsons but this is my go to lucky hat when I hit the road.

Last edited: