New house project

LTZ25

My lake villa is 30 years old and I've decided to replace the T-111 siding with Hardie board in board and batten pattern with shakes in peaks , also closing in exposed rafters also doing soffits ,also doing away with lattice under paint deck and porch and replaces with horizontal deck boards , have a good contractor doing this , I told my son to pick colors sense they will have it after me , thinking about light green with white trim or light yellow with white trim , I will let you know how it comes along .

specialk

My lake villa is 30 years old and I've decided to replace the T-111 siding with Hardie board in board and batten pattern with shakes in peaks , also closing in exposed rafters also doing soffits ,also doing away with lattice under paint deck and porch and replaces with horizontal deck boards , have a good contractor doing this , I told my son to pick colors sense they will have it after me , thinking about light green with white trim or light yellow with white trim , I will let you know how it comes along .

Did this about 15yrs ago replacing cedar siding, replaced all windows as well....no regrets...

tree cutter 08

My wife and are in the process of selling and building on a new piece of property we purchased last year. It will not a drop of white paint no where on the exterior.
I never understood the white house deal that's been so popular the last 10 years

LTZ25

As you can see the T-111 in still in good shape for 30 years but I was going to get everything painted anyway and my only son said he would pay for the project to have Hardie board put on so I'm having it done , I'm going to pay 1/3 price of the job anyway . Every color with be changed probably , but I like the light green it is now but I'm good with any color .

pjciii

That looks very nice. Have you settled on an exterior color. Shakes in the in the peaks. You going to keep shutters.i am excited your progress.

LTZ25

That looks very nice. Have you settled on an exterior color. Shakes in the in the peaks. You going to keep shutters.i am excited your progress.
not sure about shutters , I know they are framing all windows with 1 x 4 Hardie board . I did those shutters a few years ago and they are the real things and I paid a lot for them , I think they remain . Colors are still undecided daughter in law likes light yellow or light green , anyone have ideas .