New kayak owner

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I bet that's gonna open up a lot of new, smaller waters for you.
I came up bass fishing small rural ponds and have always had a tough time on Lanier...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I have a tough time there with 24' and 250hp. :huh: :bounce:

Rabun

That’s a beast of a kayak! Love the color scheme! Let us know how you do. And be careful out there!

Just got back from fishing PSJ bay and my buddy has a pedal drive…prop type. He loved it. Only issue was skinny water and weight. Can’t recall the make.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Wow that is a beast. What electronic is on that thing? I use my paddle drive hobie in rivers mostly. And flyfishing only tournaments. The peddledrive gives me a huge advantage with my arms free for casting. Also easy to move upstream with the peddles to hit a fishy spot a couple of times. Mine is a lot smaller / older than yours. The Tallapoosa has some spots where you may go upside down… that does not look like it would fare well in a rollover. But in a lake that looks like an awesome yak. Good luck and let us see some fish.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Man, that thing is a far cry from my pair of 2007 Hobie Revolutions...

But my yaks have fished everywhere from ditches to 30 miles offshore of Ft. Pierce... ?

Overall, yaks are my favorite way to fish....

Brifish

I did the same thing after I sold my boat, ended up with the outback just because I felt I could paddle it better if I wanted to hit some rivers. Super stable I can fish all day with no back trouble. I’ve been to Lanier several times it can definitely be scary. They’re great offshore too , I’ll bet that PA will be fun. Is it the 360 drive?0BBEDBB9-E882-474A-A808-696D044A9D47.jpeg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You're a braver man than me, kayakin' in Lanier!

During the week days it's not so bad. Nobody is out there except for the striper fishermen and this time of year they will be parked over the deep water.