New light weight hunting Rifle

pdsniper

Been working on this off and on for a while and I finally got it done, used a Tikka barreled action and had my gun smith cut the barrel down to 18 in and then build one of his super efficient muzzle breaks for it
then I put an MDT LSS chassis and detachable box mag on it with an adjustable Magpul butt stock in OD green and then Duracoated the Chassis to match and then installed a VZ G10 grip on it in OD as well, then I topped it with a Trijicon 1-4x30mm tactical scope, the rifle is chambered in 6.5 creedmoor and its a real good shooter getting 1/2 MOA groups out of it new toy.jpg

jpm2953

i thought about getting one of the Savage stealth rifles. They come with the MDT LSS chassis and they are like $800 all the time. Not a bad deal. Savages have always been stupid accurate for me too.

pacecars

Nice gun. Funny about lightweight rifles. The Sharps I just bought is my “lightweight” rifle. It weighs just under 11 lbs but handles like a dream and doesn’t feel that heavy. Compared to the other Sharps rifles that are 13 lbs and up this is a lightweight!

Reactions: Dub

pdsniper

Oh i have a long range gun as well but in GA most folks cant get over a 300 yrd shot anyway and I have had no problem keeping my groups under 2 in at 300 yrds with it so I figure thats more than good enough to hit a deer and if you will look at the specs on all Allied sniper rifles during WWII none of them to my knowledge had more than a 4x scope on them and they were making shots out to at least 600 yrds and High power shooters shoot targets to 1000 yds with open sights so 4x is plenty for shooting at something the size of a deer or coyote and plus I just like a challenge thats why most of the time I hunt with a Sharps or 1885 High wall in 4570, hunting with my modern Sniper rifles is not much of a challenge

pacecars

I love hunting with my Sharps rifles

pdsniper

Dido, sure wish they would let us hunt with them during BP season they are a lot more primitive than a lot of modern Muzzle loaders with modern high powered scopes on them and its not like were not shooting Black powder in them, heck there are some muzzle loaders out there that shoot smokeless powder

Last edited:

pacecars

Dido, sure wish they would let us hunt with them during BP season they are a lot more primitive than a lot of modern Muzzle loaders with modern high powered scopes on them and its not like were not shooting Black powder in them, heck there are some muzzle loaders out there that shoot smokeless powder

I wish they would go to something like La and a few other states that allow straight walled cartridges in single shot rifles during primitive weapons seasons. I would prefer they require BP or substitutes but in those states they don’t. A modern single shot in .44 Mag on up is legal

pdsniper

yes I hunt in Iowa and thats the way it is out there but I still use BP even though I don't have too

thats a good one Jester;)

FOLES55

Love that rifle, George!!

I need to swing by and feel that recoil one day though.

pdsniper

its like shooting a 556 with a 55 gn bullet my buddy Keith Anderson makes the breaks and I have them on several of my rifles most efficient breaks I have ever used, you still have an invite to hunt with me so don't forget

TomC

Great build!! Been reading up on MDT. Appears that while not as popular YET as Masterpiece Arms on the PRS circuit are actually better chasis and coming on strong REAL FAST!