New math confuses me

Skipper

Banned
Now, I know I'm from Eastern Kentucky, and we ain't known to be rocket scientists in these parts, but neither is Tennessee.

I was listening to the Knoxville radio station while ago and the news came on. Some Circus in Illinois got in trouble with the animal rights folk about their elephants and had to give some of the elephants away. The radio guy went on to say that the Circus was going to give 9 of their 7 elephants to some outfit in Tennessee that would take care of the 9 elephants. The Circus would be keeping their 1 remaining Bull Elephant for some reason or other.

It looks to me like if you gave away 9 of your 7 elephants you wouldn't have an extra elephant left over to keep, but then like I said, I'm from Eastern Kentucky. Maybe one of you Tech guys can come up with a cosign or tangent to solve the elephant equation.

Skipper

bruceg

The two remaining elephants must be elephants with bad attitudes. They're negative 2 elephants, er, 2 negative elephants?

GeauxLSU

What's so confusing? It was a negative bull they gave away and they have a negative cow left. 7-9 = -2. Geez Skip didn't you pay attention in school?

GeauxLSU

bruceg said:
The two remaining elephants must be elephants with bad attitudes. They're negative 2 elephants, er, 2 negative elephants?
Ah yes, the attitudinal integer adjustment factor. I forgot that. Good call. ;)

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
All math confuses me???????? :eek: :huh:

GeauxLSU

bruceg said:
Darn, Phil. We must be hitting the enter key about the same time!
Apparently we did. I think that is what caused the negative integer pacaderm transduction. :p

Lthomas

So I guess they are negative one elephant.

deerhunter401

GeauxLSU said:
I think that is what caused the negative integer pacaderm transduction. :p

who ba gigga whata?

Last edited:

Skipper

Banned
I might be dumb and all, but IMO, he's negative 3 elephants not negative 2 elephants. This feller has figured on giving the Tennessee outfit 9 elephants and keeping 1 for his self, dat mean he need 10 elephants and he only have 7 elephants so 7 - 10 = -3 elephants/Pacaderm Quotient*2

Skipper :type:

GeauxLSU

Skipper said:
I might be dumb and all, but IMO, he's negative 3 elephants not negative 2 elephants. This feller has figured on giving the Tennessee outfit 9 elephants and keeping 1 for his self, dat mean he need 10 elephants and he only have 7 elephants so 7 - 10 = -3 elephants/Pacaderm Quotient*2

Skipper :type:
Unless of course he was only referreing to giving away half the absolute value of the original negative two elephants that he had.