NoGa Labor Day on the AT

Tight Lines

July 1. Counties are inspecting and issuing permits to receive a vehicle tag. Dirt roads just got a death sentence. Jeep clubs are bad but these UTV will make us forget about all about the jeep crowd. I foresee more road closures on national forests in our future
Unreal. Go to Durham Town if you want to tear stuff up. Whenever 4x4s, SxSs, ATVs, UTVs, and even mountain bikes start eroding the earth, the roads get closed. And I have 3 of those...and I still hate it...

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I agree with you

basshappy

BANNED
All I can say is get involved, get organized, work together, and press forward to make a change you desire. Key is to get organized and work together. Removing UTV from certain roads should be easy. I am presuming the state is looking at it solely as a revenue generator?

Concrete Pete

July 1. Counties are inspecting and issuing permits to receive a vehicle tag. Dirt roads just got a death sentence. Jeep clubs are bad but these UTV will make us forget about all about the jeep crowd. I foresee more road closures on national forests in our future
They changed the implementation date to Dec because the dept of revenue hasn’t worked everything out yet.

Two classes:

1 for roads where the posted speed limit is 35.
1 for roads where the posted speed limit is 65.

Seems like a UTV would explode like balsa wood in a collision with a car at those speeds. We’ll surely find out come 2024.