Nosler Accubonds

Wifeshusband

Something tells me we're gonna shoot what's available. Fortunately I stocked up on Nosler Partitions, which I think is a good compromise between standard cup and core and solid copper; although I have not shot copper yet, as I can find none for sell. So far the partitions have not let me down and are very accurate out of both my .243 and 25/06 Remington 700s.

bighonkinjeep

I bought several boxes maybe 15 years ago, red tips, black coating.View attachment 1087355
The bondeds would have to be an upgrade over the old " combined technology" bullets in the old "Winchester surpreme" loading. I found the old style gray tipped combined tech bullets to be fragile, fragment way too readily and separate from the jacket on more than one occasion at 30-06 velocity.

Jester896

Senior Clown
The bondeds would have to be an upgrade over the old " combined technology" bullets in the old "Winchester surpreme" loading. I found the old style gray tipped combined tech bullets to be fragile, fragment way too readily and separate from the jacket on more than one occasion at 30-06 velocity.

The old ones were Ballistic Tips with the "Combined Techology" (CT) Winchester Lubalox coating. I might like those Accubonds too if you could buy them. The newer Expedition series has the Accubond Long Range bullet with the Lubalox coating.

I like an Accubond over a Ballistic Tip all day long

Dub

Something tells me we're gonna shoot what's available. Fortunately I stocked up on Nosler Partitions, which I think is a good compromise between standard cup and core and solid copper; although I have not shot copper yet, as I can find none for sell. So far the partitions have not let me down and are very accurate out of both my .243 and 25/06 Remington 700s.

Those Partitions will never let you down.
Outstanding when they hit the market…and outstanding today.

If ever there has been a stout hunting bullet to stock up on…..you picked a great one. (y)

oppthepop

The old ones were Ballistic Tips with the "Combined Techology" (CT) Winchester Lubalox coating. I might like those Accubonds too if you could buy them. The newer Expedition series has the Accubond Long Range bullet with the Lubalox coating.

I like an Accubond over a Ballistic Tip all day long
Me too Jester - i've killed a few critters with ballistic tips but I truly like the accubond's performance better. Closer to a partition in overall performance.

oppthepop

Partitions are kinda hard to me...I would use them in a .243. I have put pencil holes through one at 200 yards with a 7mm RM
I have an ancient Browning A-Bolt (one of the first ones made) in 300 win mag and that old gun takes 180 grain partitions and makes it look like a $5000.00 custom built rifle. Literally cover a five shot group with a dime at 100 yards. Not bad for a factory rifle using Federal Premium factory ammo. I can't begin to recall what all I've taken with that rifle - elk, bear, deer, antelope. One in particular was a very good pronghorn at 720 yards. really unbelievable.

BriarPatch99

The Accubond was designed as a cheaper alternative to the Partitions ... the accuracy of the Ballistic Tips with the toughness of Partitions ....

They shoot just as as well as the BT and to me shoot better than Partitions ... Probably not quite as tough as Partitions ... my experiences ...

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have an ancient Browning A-Bolt (one of the first ones made) in 300 win mag and that old gun takes 180 grain partitions and makes it look like a $5000.00 custom built rifle. Literally cover a five shot group with a dime at 100 yards. Not bad for a factory rifle using Federal Premium factory ammo. I can't begin to recall what all I've taken with that rifle - elk, bear, deer, antelope. One in particular was a very good pronghorn at 720 yards. really unbelievable.

My Browning 300 Win Mag is just a little older than yours..circa '72 mabe...it puts those silver box Winchesters 180s in the same hole