Not your typical zero turn mower question

bruiserbuckgrower

How much weight could a heavy duty commercial zero turn mower support? It will not be running full speed. It will not be mowing. The deck will actually be removed. It will have dual rear wheels and if I have to fab this i will add extra castor's to the front but dont particularly want to do that. I'm around 200lbs and the weight I'm looking at will add an additional 800lbs. Roughly 400 off the back and 200 on each side of the driver. Doesnt have to turn the best but would be better if it kept a tight turning radius.

Lilly001

I think the transmission/axle manufacturer would best answer that.
I see that as your week link.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
If you hang 400 lbs off the back, you will not be able to keep the front end on the ground. Even with a grass catcher with about 150 lbs of wet grass, you will need 75 lbs or better of weight on the front end to keep it down

bruiserbuckgrower

Yes I agree, which is why there would be 400 lbs closer to the front also. Just split 200 lbs on each side of the foot platform closer to the front, I originally said on each side of the driver

Dbender

I asked a mechanic if i coukd install wider tires and he recommended against it. Said it would put too much stress/heat on the pumps??? I'd call the manufacturer, not the dealer, and get the answer.

Latest posts