Official rules of the 2012 Bowhunter Challenge

BowChilling

Read it a few times already. Just so I am clear... It says you get 5 deer entries. If I don't kill any bucks the most I can enter is 4 does max? Is that correct?

Also, If I have entered 4 does and got lucky enough to kill two bucks late in the season, could you swap one of those does with a buck?

I realize these things are not stated in the rules. But, I figure it can't hurt to ask? It doesn't say if I can or can't do that.

That was an overlook on my part and I'm about to change it. You have never been able to take down an entry and replace it, but guys new to the challenge would not know this.
Last year you could only enter 3 does and your other 2 entries had to be bucks. I changed it this year because I felt a lot of guys were taking bucks late in the contest that they would have let go for another year if they could enter a doe. Plus it puts a little strategy in the game. You kill your 4th doe on December 10, do you not enter it and hope you get a late season buck or enter it and hope you don't get a late season buck?

pasinthrough

It has historically been that once a deer is entered it can't be deleted. Therefore once you enter 3 does, you must make some choices. This adds to your strategy. Perhaps Billy didn't say it plain enough but most folks that have been doing this for a while know what the deal is and since this is your first year, you did not.

If you choose to enter a fourth doe, you can't replace her with a buck later. Once a deer is entered it can not be removed. As others have stated, you must post them to the forum, including pictures a maximum of 7 days after your harvest. Your 5 deer may be entered as follows:

Slot 1 (doe only), Slot 2 (doe only), Slot 3 (doe only), Slot 4 (Doe or Buck), Slot 5 (Buck only)

Be sure to take photographs as outlines in the rules and have fun. That's the most important part.

Sample photos:

One with you, the deer and your bow in the same photo.

One with your license and the hole in the deer.

One with the outside spread. (buck only)

One with the longest tine length. (buck only)

If you need more photos like for sticker points. (to show they are 1" or longer)

Attachments

• 8 point.jpg
    8 point.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 856
  • DSC04160.JPG
    DSC04160.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 865
  • DSC04167.JPG
    DSC04167.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 905
  • DSC04170.JPG
    DSC04170.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 870
  • DSC04168.JPG
    DSC04168.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 872

BowChilling

It has historically been that once a deer is entered it can't be deleted. Therefore once you enter 3 does, you must make some choices. This adds to your strategy. Perhaps Billy didn't say it plain enough but most folks that have been doing this for a while know what the deal is and since this is your first year, you did not.

If you choose to enter a fourth doe, you can't replace her with a buck later. Once a deer is entered it can not be removed. As others have stated, you must post them to the forum, including pictures a maximum of 7 days after your harvest. Your 5 deer may be entered as follows:

Slot 1 (doe only), Slot 2 (doe only), Slot 3 (doe only), Slot 4 (Doe or Buck), Slot 5 (Buck only)

Be sure to take photographs as outlines in the rules and have fun. That's the most important part.

Sample photos:

One with you, the deer and your bow in the same photo.

One with your license and the hole in the deer.

One with the outside spread. (buck only)

One with the longest tine length. (buck only)

If you need more photos like for sticker points. (to show they are 1" or longer)

Excellent post Derik! :cheers:

BassHunter25

That was an overlook on my part and I'm about to change it. You have never been able to take down an entry and replace it, but guys new to the challenge would not know this.
Last year you could only enter 3 does and your other 2 entries had to be bucks. I changed it this year because I felt a lot of guys were taking bucks late in the contest that they would have let go for another year if they could enter a doe. Plus it puts a little strategy in the game. You kill your 4th doe on December 10, do you not enter it and hope you get a late season buck or enter it and hope you don't get a late season buck?

Yeah, that's why I asked, because I knew that could throw some strategy into the equation. Sorry if I caused any confusion. I was in a little challenge before where you could upgrade.

BowChilling

Team with 8 does and 5 decent bucks will be right in there! That'll give you about 900 points!

BowanaLee

That might get you in the top three but if you want to take 51 teams, your gonna need 15 deer with several gooduns.
I think the team with the most BFO has the best chance. Add a pot of Blood Red MO JO and it almost ain't fair. :stir: ::ke:

BOWHUNTER!

That might get you in the top three but if you want to take 51 teams, your gonna need 15 deer with several gooduns.
I think the team with the most BFO has the best chance. Add a pot of Blood Red MO JO and it almost ain't fair. :stir: ::ke:

We'll see about that.. ;)