Official rules of the 2013 Bowhunter Challenge

BowChilling

Rules of the Bowhunter Challenge:

2013-2014 Woody’s/GON Bowhunter Challenge
The Bowhunter Challenge is a team competition starting on September 14, 2013 and ending when the clock strikes 12:00 on the night of January 1st, 2014
Each team will consist of 3 team members. Each member of the team must be a GON/Woody’s forum member by July 15th 2013. You pick your own teams. You can only be on one team!
Entry Fee is $10 per team member ($30 per team) I will accept cash, PayPal, check or money orders but please understand that if you send me a bad check then your team will be a member short! You should include a note with your user name, real name and address with your entry payment. All entry fees will go towards Bass Pro gift cards. Gift cards will be awarded to all 3 members of the top 3 teams in the challenge no later than January 15, 2014. There will be a thread started on August 1st for the members that have paid. Entry fees must be postmarked by August 31st, 2013. If your team members don’t pay their entry fees then you will be a one or two player team! There will be no refunds!

Rule #1: Read and understand the rules! PM BowChilling with any questions!

Each team member will be allowed 5 Georgia deer entries, 2 bucks and 3 does or 1 buck and 4 does for a total of 15 deer per team. All entries must be harvested with legal archery equipment as defined by Georgia DNR. Fawns with visible spots will not be accepted! Once you enter an animal you are stuck with it. You cannot replace doe #4 with a buck or replace a small buck with a bigger one. There are no bonus points this year!

Enter each deer separately. If you had a great evening hunt and have a truck bed full of venison you will need to lay each animal out by themselves and take good clear pictures of each of them.. However, I also want a picture that proves you killed more than one during that hunt.

Does will score 50 points. If you enter a 4th doe instead of a buck it will score 90 points When entering your doe you will need 2 pictures.

Picture one with the hunter, the animal and your bow/crossbow. Don’t forget the weapon!

If you enter a doe and you can't clearly see the top of the does head then you will get 35 points instead of 50 for that entry. I will even let you replace that animal later in the year with another one if you get the pictures right!

Picture two showing a clear broadhead entry or exit hole and your 2013 hunting license and deer harvest record with harvest date recorded. (If you do not have a harvest record, go to the DNR website and add it to your license and reprint it. The harvest record is free!) If hunting a State WMA quota hunt then DNR issued tag must be visible and readable in place of your harvest record.
PLEASE NOTE: Make lots of pictures to insure you have good ones. Preview your post before submitting it. If you cannot read your harvest record or clearly see the broadhead entry/exit hole then you need to use a better picture. Unclear pictures will result in a 25 point deduction or rejection of the entry.

Buck scoring will be as follows:
50 points for the animal + 5 points for each antler point over 1 inch + measurement of widest outside spread + length of longest tine.
Example: an 8 point buck with an outside spread of 14" and longest tine measuring 8" will score 112 points.
Deer = 50
8 X 5 = 40
14 outside spread = 14
8 longest tine = 8
____

Button bucks and spikes will be scored using the buck formula but you will get no points for longest tine. Even though you can tag a button buck as antlerless, for this contest button bucks cannot be used as a doe! If you harvest a Buck in addition to the two pictures needed for a doe entry you will need to have a picture of his longest tine as well as its spread with a metal tape measure clearly showing its tine length and spread width! (Outside spread) Here is the correct way to measure your buck. (Read carefully as it is very important): (Use a metal tape measure)Longest tine; hook your tape measure on tip of longest tine and pull down to main beam. Measurement is taken from the top of the main beam. Outside spread; hook your tape measure on main beam and pull tape across to outside edge of the opposite beam. Measure tape must be parallel to the antler bases. If these pictures are not clear you may be asked to resubmit them. Make sure both ends of the tape are visible in the picture. Make sure the pictures are in focus and are sized large enough to read the tape clearly!

New this year, you do NOT score your buck entries. They will be scored by judges based on the pictures you submit. Any entries rejected will be handled in a PM between contest director and entrant. Any questions on scoring should be sent to the contest director by private message.

Cheating will not be tolerated.
Entries should be posted at maximum 7 days after harvest. If you are in hunting camp for a week or longer you will just have to figure out a way to post those entries within 7 days. No entries will be accepted after January 1, 2014.

The decision of the contest director will be final.

Note to all participants:

I feel like last year was a great year for the Challenge and I hope this year is even better. I’ve made a lot of friends through this contest and I hope we can keep it going for years to come. The rules are what they are. Any disagreement about them should be taken up with BowChilling via PM. DO NOT BOTHER THE MODERATORS OF WOODY”S WITH IT! And we are not going to argue them out on the open forum. You will find that I am as fair as they come but we have printed rules and they will be enforced accordingly. Last year I feel some of you deliberately pushed the rules with your entry pictures and so this year those borderline pictures will have 25 points taken off. Look at your pictures before you submit them make sure they are clear and don't look like you are trying to hide anything. Read the rules, make sure you understand them and follow them and there should be no problems or hurt feelings.

Make sure you:
1. Have a valid 2013 Harvest Record. THEY ARE FREE!
2. Have a metal carpentry style tape. No cloth tape measures!
3. Include your bow/crossbow in your picture
4. Have a decent digital camera that makes clear pictures.

Good luck and good hunting!

-Billy Bouchillon
BowChilling[/B]

Last edited:

BowanaLee

So the major changes are the 4th doe is 90 points, the judges are doing the scoring, all deer enter separately and 25 points off for bad pictures ?

The Arrow Guru

I'm not so sure about the 4th doe being 90 points, but whatever. Remember no funny business going on with the pictures!!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Remember no funny business going on with the pictures!!!

You talken to me again, ain't ya. LOLs

The Arrow Guru

Remember no funny business going on with the pictures!!!

You talken to me again, ain't ya. LOLs

Oh, I'm just talking to anyone it applies to. Most people know who they are. Generally although I never point them out directly, they often respond to me immediately after a post like that. So the guilty party generally makes them selves known. facepalm:

But no, I was not talking to you. :banana:

critterslayer

So do we get a team thread made for us when all of our team has paid, or do we start one ourselves?

BowanaLee

That basically covers it! :cool:
I think we can all live with that. Good luck everyone. :cheers:
I'm not so sure about the 4th doe being 90 points, but whatever. Remember no funny business going on with the pictures!!!
I nominate you the picture bouncer. Do I hear a 2nd ? :bounce:
So do we get a team thread made for us when all of our team has paid, or do we start one ourselves?

Make it yourself whenever you get ready. :cheers:

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
Harvest record? Do you only need to show the harvest record part? Or do you need to show license part too?

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
Ok thanks! I didn't know if there was any info on the license part that some low life mite could use against me. Plus I don't want yall to know how over weight I am!:D

Buck killers Wife

? TURKEY KILLING MACHINE ?
Whats wrong with this to protect personal info on the web.
picture.php

Or this to protect.

picture.php

Or this.

picture.php

Are these legal photos

critterslayer

I'm 14, and am not required to have a license yet. Do I need to show my Hunter's Safety card, and my harvest record in the picture? Or just my harvest record?

BowanaLee

Whats wrong with this to protect personal info on the web.
Are these legal photos

Ain't sure about the rules but Id least show my name. Last year I showed everything. As far as I know, no terrorists have shown up or used my name. :bounce:
If your in the northern zone, you may want to hide those kernels in the wound. ::ke:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Ain't sure about the rules but Id least show my name. Last year I showed everything. As far as I know, no terrorists have shown up or used my name. :bounce:
If your in the northern zone, you may want to hide those kernels in the wound. ::ke:

That was the samething Peanutman said. BkW shot it with her X-bow deep in the woods by a creek in Grady Co. There is a lot of farms there & corn is legal. The most interesting thing was We found it 1 hour later and a big gator turtle was eating the ear. LOLs true. Not only do coyotes get them so do big gator snapping turtles. That joker looked 2' wide. I'll get her to post the pic of her in the creek with it later. We gutted it there and fed the turtle.

I believe it was secondseason when a admin now a mod made a thread about covering personal info. She advised againt it. Its not the terrorist. Its identification theft that some worry about. And it is very real. As far as showing your name. I show mine on here every day & so do you Anna. & I think it suits you well ::ke:

:rofl:
What ever Billy decides is fine with me:cheers: