Ohio in November Gear Prep Help

Ben1100Mag

I use a Wind proof camo pull over hoodie and vest along with ECWS underwear. A wicking layer next to my skin is a must. And i have a set of old Walls bibs and pack boots. Good to go in single digits and wind out in Kansas. Hand warmer help too.

deast1988

Fanatic suit, gloves mask bibs jacket. If it’s over 40 carry to the tree. I’ve taken mine to the teens an it’s super comfortable. But if it’s above 40 no need for it. But if it’s below you’ll like it.

LittleDrummerBoy

If you hit real cold, nothing like a layer of wool to really keep warm, especially if you need to remain still for a long time. By December in Ohio, I usually liked two layers - wool long underwear top and bottom, with mil surplus wool pants and an old wool sweater. But earlier in the season, one wool layer is usually enough.

Nothing like real wool to keep that biting Ohio cold out of you bones. Hunted Ohio for many years.

RootConservative

Good thread. I’m planning for a second week of November trip to Kansas next year and have already started planning/researching. I’m very cold natured unfortunately so I always have to be dressed a little heavier than most. I’ve been looking at the cabelas wooltimate with wind shear line to cover me in case it’s cold.

I would be a little cautious buying cabelas gear right now since Bass Pro has bought them out and combined. In other forums Bass Pro I have read is no longer supporting cabelas warranty and read rumors of quality control. Cabelas branded gear use to be first rate and I'm skeptical now.

shdw633

Just picked up one of these today for my trips north and thought I would pass it along to you. I think it's the best solution for cold hands. It's a muff that has a heater built into it so you don't have to deal with hot hands or anything else, just a battery like you would use to charge your phone and you're good to go for hours of warm hands. I guess they just came out with them as Midway USA indicated they were a new arrival.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021577147?pid=629408

Bubba_1122

Layer some wool in there somewhere.

If feet are warm and head is warm, it's a good head start to you being warm.

Wool socks with polypropylene liner in a good pair of boots, wool sweater and a wool hat (I have a Woolwich stocking cap).

Mark K

Banned
I’ve got some polypropylene long johns I picked up somewhere and you talk about warm!! Only ever wear them if the high is not gonna get above 50 and it’s windy.