Old Earth vs Young Earth Noah's Ark

Dealing with Hugh Ross:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2002/0823ross_full.asp

Debate
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2005/0414lisle_transcript.asp

There is more I can share. The dialogue/debate is good. I am reply with this just to make the point that there isn't just one scientific answer and explaination of the data.

-five

No there's not just one. But you are being very judgemental and accusatory claiming I put everything before the bible. That is not a good way to have a reasonable discussion.

No.

Yes. It matters not whether you are a professional scientist or an armchair scientist on discussion boards, you should avoid forming elaborate theories which require the assumption that the laws of physics are not as they seem to be. You are assuming that the speed of light is not constant, you have provided no data in congruence with your assumption, and you are then using that unwarranted assumption to provide support for other theories. If this is your idea of providing scientific evidence for your personal theory of creation, I would suggest simply saying, "God did it somehow," and leave it at that.

I hate to agree with FJ again...:banginghe

But what he is saying is very accurate. You can't ask someone to take these things at face value and not provide something. I am not bending the laws of physics. I am saying God worked within the laws He created to create the universe.

Since Evolution is not a law then I have no conflict here. Just in case you were wondering FJ.

Buckmoses

Banned
Christians are seekers. Seekers seek the truth. 99%of all credible scientists with no agenda other than what is true and what is not, believe and prove the Earth is billions of years old. If your faith crumbles in light of this (it doesn't have to) then you have no faith to begin with. You live in ignorance, and thus, are an ignorant person and a detriment to Christianity.

reformedpastor

Question

God makes the earth and His last work of creation is Adam and then Eve. When Adam opened his eyes and looked at a full grown tree with fruit how old would that tree look to him? Definitely older than a couple of days? Or a mountain, rock, a lake or ocean? The point is Adam was dependent upon God to tell him He had just created it.

There is no proof for the earth being 100,000 or gazillion. If all of the dating was accurate you would no have the wide spectrum of ages among evolutionary scientist. They are guessing.

PWalls

The problem is that the assumption of "pitch" being bitumen is no better than the assumption that it is tree sap. So, you are picking the assumption that best fits what you want it to. Takes millions of years to make bitumen, so the Earth must be billions of years old. Creationists pick the assumption that best fits what they want to. God did it in 6 days so tree sap is "pitch". Or, God created a mature Earth.

Either way, it "proves" nothing.

Question

God makes the earth and His last work of creation is Adam and then Eve. When Adam opened his eyes and looked at a full grown tree with fruit how old would that tree look to him? Definitely older than a couple of days? Or a mountain, rock, a lake or ocean? The point is Adam was dependent upon God to tell him He had just created it.

There is no proof for the earth being 100,000 or gazillion. If all of the dating was accurate you would no have the wide spectrum of ages among evolutionary scientist. They are guessing.

Well you and I have something else to talk about next week!!!

Pick a place with comfortable seats for lunch...

The problem is that the assumption of "pitch" being bitumen is no better than the assumption that it is tree sap. So, you are picking the assumption that best fits what you want it to. Takes millions of years to make bitumen, so the Earth must be billions of years old. Creationists pick the assumption that best fits what they want to. God did it in 6 days so tree sap is "pitch". Or, God created a mature Earth.

Either way, it "proves" nothing.

Don't lump all creationists into the 6 day thing please.

I'm a staunch creationist but don't agree with the 6 day theory.

mtnwoman

There is enough time here wasted on something that none of you can prove without a shadow of doubt. Very interesting unless it takes away from feeding hungry children, or leading your lost friends to Christ, or even giving time to your wives and children that are alone while you are out looking for an animule to kill....when you're not here arguing your point that ain't gonna count for notta.

Quit feuding and find someone who needs help or heaven forbid might need some discipling without condemnation from you. And if you can't overcome condemnation for things you don't agree with...get off the computer and get on your knees and figure how to have grace and mercy for others that do not believe as you do...sheesh.

mtnwoman

Don't lump all creationists into the 6 day thing please. That's funny that you say that....yet you lump ALL "BABTISTS" into one group

I'm a staunch creationist but don't agree with the 6 day theory.

I'm a staunch Babtist (your spelling) and I don't care about a 6 day theory or a 6000 day theory. I'm too worried about people who aren't saved and might go to HE double toothpicks. Why argue about trivial things when people all around are unsaved?

What did you do today to snatch someone out of the flames of eternal HEdoubletoothpicks? Well I mean other than try to prove yourself all knowing?

ambush80

I'm a staunch Babtist (your spelling) and I don't care about a 6 day theory or a 6000 day theory. I'm too worried about people who aren't saved and might go to HE double toothpicks. Why argue about trivial things when people all around are unsaved?

What did you do today to snatch someone out of the flames of eternal HEdoubletoothpicks? Well I mean other than try to prove yourself all knowing?

Its an important question because it could cast a shadow of a doubt of credibility upon the whole of the scripture. If some of its not accurate, then maybe all of its not. Or if some is accurate and some is not, how do you tell?

Seems to me that you take the position that it doesn't matter to you if the ark was real or metaphor and that there are more important parts of the Bible to concentrate on. What if I say that "No one will come to the father except through Me" is a metaphor and we should spend more time concentrating on "Thou shalt not kill".

Why would Genesis NOT be a metaphor; specifically?

Because it is an account of creation. The discussion is whether it is seven periods of time of 7 days. 6 periods of creation fits with God resting on the 7th. We are currently in the 7th because (and it is alos never closed out in the account) there have been no new species created. We are witnessing no new creation. No new species. In fact none in recorded history.

Now Metaphor may not be the right term however I could go along with poetic on the 7 days. That was a very common understanding of it for centuries in the Jewish tradition (before Christ according to writings).

Its an important question because it could cast a shadow of a doubt of credibility upon the whole of the scripture. If some of its not accurate, then maybe all of its not. Or if some is accurate and some is not, how do you tell?

Seems to me that you take the position that it doesn't matter to you if the ark was real or metaphor and that there are more important parts of the Bible to concentrate on. What if I say that "No one will come to the father except through Me" is a metaphor and we should spend more time concentrating on "Thou shalt not kill".

The ark is a good one to look at in this same manor. Be happy to discuss it. Maybe a serious thread rather than what happened with a few people last time. Or PM me and we can.

You know if you really really feel this way... You need to stop and think about it for awhile. And I would suggest pray on it.

Apparently we are having a good discussion with an atheists about creation and answering questions honestly.

Now as to what I did today??? I did share the day with a non church going man and do often share my faith with him. I also took a young man (8yrs old) hunting. Yesterday I helped a employee of mine by sitting and listening. Might I be bold enough to make the suggestion for you to go learn something new and study and try to help someone before throwing stones because you believe I am too hard on your "faith" (otherwise known as Baptist) in your words.

These are important issues to people who will not be reached by you throwing JESUS LOVES ME at them. Believe it or not my faith and my God doesn't fit on a bumper sticker.

There is enough time here wasted on something that none of you can prove without a shadow of doubt. Very interesting unless it takes away from feeding hungry children, or leading your lost friends to Christ, or even giving time to your wives and children that are alone while you are out looking for an animule to kill....when you're not here arguing your point that ain't gonna count for notta.

Quit feuding and find someone who needs help or heaven forbid might need some discipling without condemnation from you. And if you can't overcome condemnation for things you don't agree with...get off the computer and get on your knees and figure how to have grace and mercy for others that do not believe as you do...sheesh.

FJ, Ambush80, and Pnome- How does it feel to be counted out?

GA1dad

I'm too worried about people who aren't saved and might go to HE double toothpicks.

Just curious,,,,,, why are you worrying so much about others?? My curiosity is more about your choice of words,,,, "worrying"? You won't be judged based on anyone but yourself. And your worrying won't impact their judgement.

Just curious,,,,,, why are you worrying so much about others?? My curiosity is more about your choice of words,,,, "worrying"? You won't be judged based on anyone but yourself. And your worrying won't impact their judgement.
gorilla-thinking.jpg

GA1dad

Why do I feel like I've been insulted??:bounce: