Old Testament Church

gordon 2

One thing is for sure..........we have created a tangled web!!!

Which is best??? All I know without pointing to tons of links that think like I do is when scripture says "But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified" and "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."

I have to think the HG / HS has not been given before the cross. But I am no expert. just what I believe.
What I read is this: Until disciples understand that Jesus is God they might understand that they were and still are disciples to another holy man. Just another holy man like Isaiah perhaps except with the addition of becoming a king like David was a king.

The disciples therefore have or take on the spirit of sinless Jesus, Jesus ( Joshua the Galilean son of Joseph and Mary) the holy man, the man said sinless.

When it was plain that Jesus was glorified ( taken up or elevated to the throne of God, God with God, then it was possible that man would know to identify that the spirit of Jesus-Joshua was not in anyway another human intimate or with immediate fellowship with God's spirit, and so not the spirit of a human saintly man, nor that of a prophet, but the spirit of Holy God I am that I am...

Jesus had to say "I go to the Father" and not the Father takes me to Himself, so that the disciples could know that they were not drunk from the charisma of a saintly man, a captivating spiritual Holy Land guru, but that in fact that they were revived and immediate with God for Christ or with Christ and that all which came before spiritually in their Yahweh-chosen people tradition was fully fulfilled in Christ.

Christ was Yahweh in the flesh and in heaven. Jesus had the same nature and authority that they knew was though of as unique to the Father. Christ and yahweh were ONE "being" being.

In Christ finally God isolated himself and made Himself plain from all the idols that Israel had to be purged of. It took from Abram to Jesus for God to husband his human creations back to their creator. But it was accomplished now in Jesus Savior and so by God himself being himself plainly.

It was not easy, it was not always fun, there were lots of sacrifices say over more or less 3000 yrs or more perhaps. But finally in Christ God made the Holy Spirit plain again and said to Israel and all the world, " If you must sacrifice to me sacrifice yourselves to my Spirit. Here I am Israel! All of my Holy Spirit is in Christ, in Joshua the Galilean. It is with Me, in Me, by Me and with Me you are intimate and immediate in God. I will uncover my face to you now. Come."

He should of also pointed out that "don't get all uptight with scripture, making for yourselves Idols all over again". Or, maybe He did say that limiting its use as in the mission of his son, our brother and in our apostle Paul who loved God so much that it mattered to be a long winded letter writer even and especially to people who were on milk.

And now you know the rest of the story....

PS I once was at a non denominational camp meeting where some in the assembly were being ministered to by the Holy Spirit when the visiting pastor pointed to an individual and said to him---"What your are doing is not of Christ! Stop it!)

I think that most Christians can know what is not of Christ when they see it or feel it, when they have intuition even. And if we know and all know what is not of Christ, we must know in our bodies and souls what is. And that is the miracle of salvation that we take for granted and a skill we ignore and would not want to admit to anyone, not even to Christ confess. Or make excuse we would, " Lord, we needed to feed ourselves yet we had faith your food was the best and number one." " Lord we have faith that the birds will eat, but for our faith in you, in your Spirit. not yet."

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

MINISTRY OF THE OLD TESTAMENT

Besides these wonderful blessings of the Old Testament saints, Abraham's seed saw the mighty power of God in miraculous ways throughout their history in the dispensations of Promise and Law. They saw the glory of God manifested in visible form in the pillar of fire by night and a pillar of cloud by day. They saw the glory of God filling the tabernacle and the temple and the fire of God falling from Heaven to consume the sacrifices. Many of the judges, kings, and prophets were greatly anointed with the Holy Spirit to prophesy, do miracles, write the Old Testament books, and do innumerable things that were beyond human ability.

The standard for the ministry of Israel in the Dispensation of Law was a high one. Every man had to be holy in life, faithful in service, and perfect in body. The physical requirements were so high that the majority of men in the modern church could not have been ministers in the service of the old covenant Lev. 21:16-24.

Paul, in 2 Cor. 3, contrasts the glory of the old covenant with that of the new covenant, and sets forth the fact that the glory of the old covenant had no glory in comparison to that of the new covenant. If men in the modern church could see the truth of the New Testament just as it is written and would try to attain to some of the higher blessings and privileges of the new covenant, there would be no end to the possibilities before them in the exercise of the power of God among men today. Men today should have all the blessings of the old covenant plus many greater blessings of the new until God would be glorified among men through every minister, and even every believer. There would be no falling away from Christianity to false and heathen religions that are making continual inroads upon the membership of modern churches. The church is coming far short of even the blessings of the Old Testament saints, much less the blessings that every believer can attain to in the gospel.

God demonstrated through the saints of the Old Testament many powers and gifts that are seldom dreamed of today in the modern church. Some of them exceeded modern believers in the art of yielding to God to be used by the Holy Spirit. Some of them obeyed God in ways a modern preacher would not possibly consider as being the working of God.

Jesus said in Matt. 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

2 Tim. 3:1-17

3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God:

3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power there of: from such turn away.

3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth,

3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Mose's, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

3:12 Yea and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

gordon 2

3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

And this is true, yet who's practice is it that they would profit, reproof, correct as to righteousness, re-direct even the Holy Spirit so God himself?

When is teaching with scripture simply just empty talk, idle talk leading to destruction, yet claiming to evangelize? ( Hint: Paul knew what this was, especially he lived it. And if Paul lived it, how much more can we sin as he did, in this way, even today, especially today!)

"But avoid all empty (vain, useless, idle) talk, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness." Making the one God of Israel a community of three separate gods who have summer homes on the planets is pushing scripture toward ungodliness in my view. But who am I? It was never in me to have scripture to guide my heart.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

And this is true, yet who's practice is it that they would profit, reproof, correct as to righteousness, re-direct even the Holy Spirit so God himself?

When is teaching with scripture simply just empty talk, idle talk leading to destruction, yet claiming to evangelize? ( Hint: Paul knew what this was, especially he lived it. And if Paul lived it, how much more can we sin as he did, in this way, even today, especially today!)

"But avoid all empty (vain, useless, idle) talk, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness." Making the one God of Israel a community of three separate gods who have summer homes on the planets is pushing scripture toward ungodliness in my view. But who am I? It was never in me to have scripture to guide my heart.
When man’s talk isn’t any good without Gods Words it’s all right there in black and red people who have been taught wrong just can’t accept the truth and God knows who they are using their smooth words to try and prove God’s Word to be wrong, but they will never succeed for His Word will always prove itself. Amen Praise Jesus Christ our Lord

gordon 2

When man’s talk isn’t any good without Gods Words it’s all right there in black and red people who have been taught wrong just can’t accept the truth and God knows who they are using their smooth words to try and prove God’s Word to be wrong, but they will never succeed for His Word will always prove itself. Amen Praise Jesus Christ our Lord
Well I'm beginning to think you're correct. Moses talk and action was never due the word of scripture having none to back up his wit and I (we) have been paying for the devil ever since.

I am the son of Moses' god, a false god, hatched out of the hot sun in a hot land and for a stranger thirst, I am heir to a cultish plot.

What a piece of work I am, to trust that that grifter Moses could ever be a prophet, and was but a mere tapper on rocks... a dowser. Him and Aaron both and now that we know it more, they having no scripture--- they made it up!

They must have. They got heady from mountain hunts for honey in the rocks. We can prove that they were just two clever shamans who still dupe us all the way up to today. They had no scripture to approve or disapprove anything and none that could talk to them. The both could not say "The bible says." OH! It hurts. It is plain!

I think more and more that you're correct. I've been had. Having no scripture to study they made it all up.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

Well I'm beginning to think you're correct. Moses talk and action was never due the word of scripture having none to back up his wit and I (we) have been paying for the devil ever since. I am the son of Moses' god, a false god, hatched out of the hot son of exile. I am heir to a cultish plot.

What a piece of work I am, to trust that that grifter Moses could ever be a prophet, and was but a mere tapper on rocks... a dowser. Him and Aaron both, now that we know it more, having no scripture they made it up. They were just two clever shamans who still dupe us all the way up to today.

I think more and more that you're correct.
God is correct Amen.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

God demonstrated not only the art of yielding to His will, but He used the Old Testament saints to demonstrate to the world how God will bless materially, physically, and spiritually those that will have faith in God and obey Him. The Old Testament Church when yielded to God saw the mighty power of God and His visible manifestations, proving the reality and actual existence of the God of the Bible. In many respects this church excelled the New Testament Church, especially that part of the church since the days of the apostles to our day. If modern believers would learn the many lessons that can be gleaned from a study of God’s dealings with the Old Testament Church, and if they would profit by these lessons and content for even as much power with God as was manifested in Old Testament times before the fulness of the Holy Spirit was given to men, we would see great things done in the name of Jesus Christ. Anyone who claims the fulness of God, as many do today, should manifest more super-natural power among men than anyone ever did who lived before Pentecost and who had only the Holy Spirit in a measure.

Latest posts