Only at Atlanta....

specialk

#44 car stolen outside hotel UPDATE withdraws: A trailer carrying a NASCAR racing team's car was stolen overnight in Morrow, GA, according to the driver of the vehicle hauling the trailer [NJ plates]. The driver says the unmarked white Xtreme Racing trailer had the #44 car inside and was stolen from a hotel sometime overnight. Local authorities have been notified.kfvs12.com.
AND A spokeswoman for Team Xtreme (#44 car) confirms Atlanta car and trailer were stolen from outside the team hotel.(Jeff Gluck/USA Today twitter)
MORE Travis Kvapil's car for this weekend's Sprint Cup Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway has apparently been stolen. A spokeswoman for Team Xtreme confirmed a Missouri TV station's report that the #44 car and its hauler disappeared from outside the team's hotel [Drury Inn & Suites] in Morrow, Ga. overnight. KFVS reported the trailer was white and unmarked and said the hauler driver reported it missing. Team Xtreme, owned by John Cohen, qualified for the Daytona 500 last week and finished 32nd with driver Reed Sorenson. But Kvapil is in the car this week with Sorenson driving for another [#29 RAB Racing] team. NASCAR teams tested at Atlanta on Thursday, meaning all the other cars are already secured inside the track (USA Today)
UPDATE: Sgt. Larry Oglesby of the Morrow (Ga.) Police Department told ESPN.com that they are treating the car's disappearance as a stolen vehicle after a report was filed at 5:50am/et at the Drury Inn. Team owner John Cohen, who was not at the track, told ESPN.com by phone that the team will have to withdraw from the race and was still trying to gather information as to what had happened. The first practice for the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 is scheduled for 1:00pm/et Friday, and teams typically must present a car for inspection an hour or two prior to the start of Sprint Cup practice.(ESPN.com)(2-27-2015)

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
shame I hate a darn thief. I like travis and I like to eat at golden coral sometimes. Golden coral spends a lot money on this sport Stinks for them. two words low jack

riprap

"Dang.... I'm wishing we had LoJack or something on it!" Kvapil said

riprap

They got stealing trailers down to a science south of town. I don't care what kind of lock you got on it. This one seemed to be hooked to the truck. I bet they thought there would be construction equipment in there to get rid of quick. Somebody going to be really fast at the local dirt track.

livetohunt

If you spend the night in Clayton county I wouldn't expect anything less...Fayette county will be next.

specialk

They got stealing trailers down to a science south of town. I don't care what kind of lock you got on it. This one seemed to be hooked to the truck. I bet they thought there would be construction equipment in there to get rid of quick. Somebody going to be really fast at the local dirt track.

cub scouts had a enclosed trailer with all the gear parked out front in a church parking lot, major hwy(34 near newnan), lighted parking lot, locked tounge, and 2 wheels removed(tandem axle) and they still got it......