Opening day rain and storms

TurkeyDreamer

Looks like Mother Nature will pull an April fool’s on those of us planning on a crisp, clear opening day this Saturday! As long as the rain and storms hold off for a bit, I’ll still be out there at daybreak. I do wish it would hurry up and move through by Friday though!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
my Bro in law always say's.... it's only thunder when it's rainin!

But of course that's before the 1 bird a day rule. Unless you're huntin with multiple folks

Kev

You never know unless you go. I remember one opening morning, the weather man called for bad thunderstorms. My girlfriend (my wife now) and I went and ended up getting ran out of the woods at 7:30 by hail and intense lightning. We made it back to the truck and was sitting with the windows up listing to music while the thunder was rumbling pretty loud. Every time it would thunder we thought we heard a gobble. So we turned the music off and rolled the window down. Sure enough it was a turkey gobbling. We immediately grab our shotguns and set up. Within 5 minutes he was dead.

TJay

I may wait til Saturday do drive down. A big consideration for me is the traffic. I use I75 to get to Jones county and this is the beginning of Spring break. The traffic on 75 is always bad around Spring break time. I'll try and make up for it by staying til Tuesday.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
You never know unless you go. I remember one opening morning, the weather man called for bad thunderstorms. My girlfriend (my wife now) and I went and ended up getting ran out of the woods at 7:30 by hail and intense lightning. We made it back to the truck and was sitting with the windows up listing to music while the thunder was rumbling pretty loud. Every time it would thunder we thought we heard a gobble. So we turned the music off and rolled the window down. Sure enough it was a turkey gobbling. We immediately grab our shotguns and set up. Within 5 minutes he was dead.
Agreed and I think it be best if I just go. I can sit in the truck and watch it rain or sit on the porch. Besides the trucks only about 200 yards from the blind. The porch is 45 minutes!