Opinions please….buddy’s private lot

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Curious about the wide guy with the busted g2 as far as age and potential. Same with the last guy. Not the best poses, but definitely pleased with what we saw. They were on the corn the evening we put it out, and the last guy showed up at 10:55 this midday!

He’s wanting to fatten up the does and let the bucks grow…..what about that? Can’t tell land use for sure, but 1000 acres behind + a few thousand across the street. Cotton, hardwoods, pastures….not sure about pressure but no hunting neighbors either or that he’s aware.

2A3D4D55-DED2-40A2-8795-37B7B8235056.jpegC4178076-879F-478B-BAF9-E5FE191815F4.jpegDFFBBBEA-9B08-419B-A118-A7B17BB3F6F6.jpeg

Mackie889

How big is the lot? Is it all open hardwoods? Definitely some deer (broken g2 buck to me looks be 2-1/2), just hard to judge potential w/ little info. If the property is small and open, might be hard to hunt? Is this the first year of ownership? Hard to believe that nobody is hunting around him ... might be a goldmine if true.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
So based on his stated rules are you there strictly to provide corn and cameras?????

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
So this an +/-8 acre lot rectangular shaped lot that has been in his family for 20 years……he grew up there now raising his family there.. They killed a few deer in the past, but haven’t hunted for a long time. I think I’ve sparked his interest again and that’s my main goal. I’ve got an open invitation and can shoot anything I want, but I’m enjoying seeing them talking about it and getting back outside. I don’t think he’s ever been in a stand as his dad and him hunted on the ground back then. I have a stand I’ll probably bring out there too…..

How big is the lot? Is it all open hardwoods? Definitely some deer (broken g2 buck to me looks be 2-1/2), just hard to judge potential w/ little info. If the property is small and open, might be hard to hunt? Is this the first year of ownership? Hard to believe that nobody is hunting around him ... might be a goldmine if true.

His lot is mostly pines, but there are hardwoods, pastures and wooded areas all around. Very few houses at all and most are on very large tracts. Not much food on the lot right now so it will be feeder based for attracting deer. My bff is bringing a feeder to set up as he doesn’t use it anymore. The owner is already talking about putting some kind of food plot back there. Might just put out some ambrosia rye over a small burn area to start. I’m just glad he’s thinking about it and thinking future. I know he’d like to kill a big nice buck and for the first weeks pictures he’s off to a great start!

One neighbor just moved out and he says the other folks don’t hunt. I’d be surprised if some of the adjoining land isn’t hunting leases or at least hunted to some extent. What I do know is that there is thousands of acres of land his is next to……..and it is very diverse with the Etowah river not far away.

Mackie889

Sounds pretty promising to me. If a small parcel is in a good place w/ little to no hunting pressure around it it can produce well, year after year. I have a family member that owns a 20 acre lot near his house by Lake of the Ozarks. He and his family have taken 4 deer with a bow already this year from it. Good luck ... sounds like you and your friend will have fun setting the property up for hunting. To me, that's what it is all about ... good times spent w/ friends and family. Enjoy!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Sounds pretty promising to me. If a small parcel is in a good place w/ little to no hunting pressure around it it can produce well, year after year. I have a family member that owns a 20 acre lot near his house by Lake of the Ozarks. He and his family have taken 4 deer with a bow already this year from it. Good luck ... sounds like you and your friend will have fun setting the property up for hunting. To me, that's what it is all about ... good times spent w/ friends and family. Enjoy!

In the back of my mind I can’t help but to wonder about the possibilities of seeing a 4+ yo deer. It’s already a successful venture as he has been talking to his dad and brother about hunting again. Yeah, it’s on his mind and I’m smiling about it. I think the brother has no interest, but might be able to get him and his dad together on a deer hunt. They used to, I’m just trying to light that fire again. I can go anytime and pretty confident I’d get a shot at a deer. But it’s just not what I’m after I guess. Not this year anyway. I do plan to play here and maybe even kill a deer here one day too! My personal game plan for this place is to hunt with he bow from the ground here……..that’ll be fun!