Orange Beach Al

Hunter/Mason

I haven’t been down since we sold our condo a year ago. My parents still live down here so we decided to bring our daughter down so she’d have a big egg hunt in the neighborhood with all the other little girls. Me and my dad and brother have been buying and selling small skiffs to try and upgrade to a 22-24’ bay boat cheap. We started with by buying my neighbors at home Carolina skiff. Dad sold it down here, then we bought another Kenner and sold it. I bought a Kenner from around Lanier and he brought it down and sold it. We’ve been looking and looking and had less than 20 to spend on a boat. With the used boat market prices it wasn’t looking good. Ended up finding this 22.5’ Carolina skiff v Hull bay boat w a 225 Suzuki. Had just enough from the previous sales to buy it. Has 200 original hours and runs great, this was the first time I’ve even saw the boat since dad picked it up. We fished yesterday and caught a few Spanish and I wanted to flip docks with a bass flipping jig. I’ve been wanting to try this for a while now. Of course in the third flip it got hammered and broke me off. A few minutes later a school of 20lb + Jacks came in blowing up on bait. Of course I flipped that jig into the school 20lb Jack vs baitcaster not a good idea. A mile of chasing and 45 mins later we got it in the net. A little while later I put him in a spot and he caught a decent redfish. We kept the Jack for his neighbor that loves to eat em. Today we eased up to some spots I’ve been waiting to try and he’s never fished. I caught my inshore slam, nice trout. Redfish, flounder, and some bonus small eating size drum. Dad caught some really nice trout. I’ve got some pics and will load more later. 79320220-30C5-413A-940C-CE183667ED75.jpeg

Big7

The Oracle
Nice boat and fish !! Congratulations.

I wish I still lived on the west coast of Florida.
Didn't know how good I had it until I moved back to Georgia and didn't have it any more.

I have 1 parent left and no kids. After that, I'm outta' here.

Latest posts