Orvis Flyrod and Reel

brobi9

I recieved an Orvis battenkill large arbor reel and a Silver Label 10 wt rod a while back. I can't decide what to do with it. I have no interest in fly fishing (sorry guys I stick to the woods and the occasional bass pond). Where would be a good place be to try and sell it or trade it? I don't know if the local pawn shop or outdoor store would be interested and I'm not sure about online sales. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have no knowledge of the flyfishing world and I know you guys and gals have some great insight. Thank you all

MadDawg51

Post that sucker on the Swap & Sell and watch it be gobbled up like a lightly falling Adams in a Mayfly hatch.

brobi9

How much should I list it for? It's literally brand new. It was bought for an Alaska trip and never taken. The only visible wear is on the reel from where Ive taken it in and out of the case to show it off and some paint came off

fishndoc

Shooting from the hip, I'd say about 60% of the original price - not the size rod and reel that is most in demand. You might want to hawk eBay for a few days and get an idea of what it will bring.
Another option is craigslist for your area.

Doc_Holliday23

I see Silver Label rods for anywhere from $50 to about $175 or so. It was a mid-line price point rod, very good quality for the money. They aren't made anymore.

The BLA reel is still the workhorse LA reel. New they are about $200.

I think about $200-225 would a pretty reasonable starting price for your outfit if its in as good a condition as you say. Since you're in S Ga, you might want to aim for the saltwater crowd, being as its a 10 wt.

brobi9

Thank you for the input. I'm still looking for a place to try and sell it. Thanks again everyone for the help

Huntervationist

ebay
List them separate...start with no reserve....those auctions always go the best. IMHO

gawhitetail

ngto.org swap and sell section.

North Georgia Trout Online is primarily a flyfishing site with lots of folks from all over.

Rhonda

Banned
I recieved an Orvis battenkill large arbor reel and a Silver Label 10 wt rod a while back. I can't decide what to do with it. I have no interest in fly fishing (sorry guys I stick to the woods and the occasional bass pond). Where would be a good place be to try and sell it or trade it? I don't know if the local pawn shop or outdoor store would be interested and I'm not sure about online sales. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have no knowledge of the flyfishing world and I know you guys and gals have some great insight. Thank you all

I have had great luck with Orvis on Ebay

slightly grayling

If it is new with tags and the cork is wrapped, you may want to try Orvis for a return or possibly a swap for something you want/need. They are better than most concerning returns. If not, you'd probably do better swapping it or selling it on Ebay as someone else suggested....a 10 weight is typically used in salt water and there just isn't a lot of demand for a rod that stout.

brobi9

Ted- I traded it in towards a new shotgun last week. You were just a couple days late. I'm sorry sir. Thank you for the interest though.
Good luck and stay safe

ted_BSR

That is great! I know you did good on your trade. I got a 10 weight Ugly Stick Flyrod for Father's Day, so I am all set too. I have been looking for one for a long while. We use the heavy rods for salmon fishing up north. God Bless!!!