OSU made history again

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Stop agreeing with me Snook......your gonna kill the thread!.....:bounce:
Snook don't like to bikker... He's no good at it.. I bet his wife wears the pants in that house.. :bounce::bounce:

Browning Slayer

She's definitely more dressed than I am I will give you that!!!:O
:bounce::bounce:
I got "the look" this morning when I walked into the bathroom wearing a MinnKota t-shirt.. You know the look... The look that say's "you are really wearing that"... I took it off and ironed it so I met her halfway.. :rofl:

Madsnooker

Bama hasn't been the same since the beating Clemson gave them. The constant revolving door has got to put a big strain on Saban. He looked tired last year.

I'm still fully behind Kirby. He has done a lot of good things at UGA. And he keep's giving us chances with the talent he's bringing in. Fromm was a complete disaster last season. Our defense is going to be unreal.
That's why I said Im still not sure on him because he is such a good recruiter but sometimes his game plans just make you scratch your head. Its almost like Meyer towards the end, he had great talent but his play calling would just drive me insane and his loyalty did him in. JT Barrett great leadership(Meyer loved that about him) but lack of great talent did OSU in. If he doesnt get injured we dont win the natty in 14. I think Kirby can get it done but I think he needs to be more ceo than put his stamp on things offensively. But who knows?

Browning Slayer

That's why I said Im still not sure on him because he is such a good recruiter but sometimes his game plans just make you scratch your head. Its almost like Meyer towards the end, he had great talent but his play calling would just drive me insane and his loyalty did him in. JT Barrett great leadership(Meyer loved that about him) but lack of great talent did OSU in. If he doesnt get injured we dont win the natty in 14. I think Kirby can get it done but I think he needs to be more ceo than put his stamp on things offensively. But who knows?
I'm hoping the changes he made this year will shake him up enough to trust his coaches. We shall see. Hopefully! Hopefully we get to talk college football and talk smack this season!

bullgator

:rofl:yes I know that look way to well!!!facepalm:
I’ve got a pair of olive ripstop cargo shorts I use in the yard with a hole worn in the crotch.........I’ve dug them out of the garbage 3 times! Hey, they’re comfortable.

Madsnooker

Snook looking ahead if you are GM who would you draft first next season, Trevor or Justin?

I need to see Justin one more season. You cant go wrong with Trevor I don't think but more about him later. What Justin did last year was off the charts. His TD/Int ratio was crazy good. He was great in the pocket which I was worried about to start the season based on what uga fans where saying? If Olave doesn't run the wrong route I truly believe that's a TD and Justin beats Clemson. Lawrence didn't look very good most of that game with NFL DBs covering his receivers. He could not throw his receivers open and he struggled all game making down field passes. If Justin does what he did last year with even more improvement, then I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Justin has a great arm and he threw receivers open all year for OSU and I wasn't expecting that. I think people forget as well that they both went against each other head to head in the elite 11 and the NFL scouts liked Justin better than Lawrence. That doesn't mean a thing going forward but if you watch the elite 11 they do all kinds of throwing drills and the NFL scouts deemed Fields the winner. Takeaway is he is no slouch throwing the ball. He has a cannon for an arm and he threw long back shoulder strikes all season. I think people think Justin is just a great athlete but he is actually a great QB that happens to be a great athlete. I truly believe this, the worst thing that happed to UGA was Fromm getting them so far the year before Fields went to UGA ALMOST winning a title. There was no way Kirby was going to make a change at QB and I understand that. No one will ever convince me that if UGA didn't make the playoffs that year and had an average year Justin would have got the nod and UGA would have been better last year by seasons end and they would be a nightmare this year with a great defense and Fields running the offense in year 2. UGA fans are going to tell me im wrong but its simply just the truth.

People also forget that Justin was injured against Penn St and was not the same the rest of the season although it was hard to tell at times. He played injured against Clemson with the bad ankle and still had a very good game throwing the ball. Day is an NFL offensive coordinator and he said Fields can be a pocket passer all day in the NFL but what makes him scary is his running ability on top of a great passer. Lawrence is a great QB but I will say this, Im not as enamored with him as many are. He was put in the god category after beating Bama but I was just not impressed with him last year for much of the season against horrible teams and I was not impressed with him against OSU at all besides the one long run and again against LSU he was average at best. Outside of the Bama game I just haven't seen enough to go crazy over him as so many have?

Great question!!!

BornToHuntAndFish

Congrats to Ohio State in delivering top talent & top picks in the NFL draft.

bullgator

It’s hard to evaluate college talent. Players that play on talent rich teams can look better than they actually are. Fields and Lawrence could both be exposed as very average once they get into the league where talent is more equally spread out