Outdoor Blast

Blackston

I was wondering about the youth shootout ( kid from church went I was wondering how he did)

LonePine

I went today for the first time since it moved from Macon. Great show in a great facility. Not a ton of deals but had to drag my kid out of there she had so much fun

Last edited:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My first visit ever this morning and I loved it! I spent about what I expected, maybe a bit more. i got to sit in a cruzr saddle and I bought his mini platform, which was what I planned on getting if one was there. I had to run out of there before I bought 2 more fishing rods I don’t need.

35 Whelen

Took my 10 year old grandson on Friday, he had a great time. Got to hold a king snake for 4 minutes during the snake show, got his face painted as Spiderman, picked up lots of free stuff and candy, ate a bag full of sweet nuts, stopped at quite a few booths where there was something that caught his attention. Afterwards we ate at Chick- fil-A.

HavocLover

So it’s starting to become a decent show again? I gave up all the shows years ago when every other booth was selling specialty nuts, almonds, pecans and stuff, then the next one was selling some cruddy beach vacay, then repeat all over again.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Went today with some friends and family!

Had the chance to meet author Duncan Dobie and buy one of his hunting books, class act!

Fun day had by all!
Yes sir...... I met Duncan some years ago through my uncle and now proud to call him a friend. He is as good of a fella as you'll ever meet. I swung by his booth and talked with him for about 20mins myself today.

The show itself was decent, but it's always a good time and kind of a tradition of getting the hunting year started. Dang know it sure felt better inside in that nice cool A/C than it did outside.

sprewett

I went on Friday.

I was impressed. I thought it was a good show.

I bought a "blob" archery for a good deal.

The Dugout had some really good deals on fishing tackle.
I have wondered about them "blob" targets for years. I worked at Camps Sporting Goods all through high school in the late 90s and we sold a ton of em. ( If we are talking about the same kind) ours were made from something from the carpet mills. They last forever!!!!!

furtaker

Georgias Greatest Whitetails By Duncan Dobie should be required reading for anyone that hunts deer in GA!
I love that book. My dad got an autographed copy when I was a kid and I still flip through it from time to time. It's a classic.

Duncan had several deer from that book on display at the Blast a few years ago when I went.

Robust Redhorse

I have wondered about them "blob" targets for years. I worked at Camps Sporting Goods all through high school in the late 90s and we sold a ton of em. ( If we are talking about the same kind) ours were made from something from the carpet mills. They last forever!!!!!
I got that one for my son.

I've had one for over 15 years and it's still going strong!

The problem is that they are so heavy that shipping kills you.

You almost have to pick them up place where they are made, or you pay out the wazoo.

This one cost $99. And they carried it to my truck!

I wish I knew the vendor, they seemed like great folks to do archery business with.

I bet there are near the carpet mills near Dalton.

Latest posts