Paging NCH to the service desk

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Who is Howard Sprague?

livinoutdoors

Has his priorities in the right place
No idea what you are replying to, I posted I couldn’t afford a Garage. but I did switch you from Gomer to Virgil.
You got me all wrong. Ive been there. With the finer things. At the age of nineteen i graduated college with a double major in theoretical physics and chemical engineering. I took time off after that and sailed for a bit. In 2003 i sailed with the New Zealand crew in the America's cup. Only a handful of people on that crew so it shouldnt be hard to figure out who i am. After that i worked on an improved cross for a durable slicer type Tomato that would ship well and have outstanding self life. I sold my finished seed to Syngenta and walked away fairly well off. After that i settled down on some acreage and well here i be. Im no happier now that i was before my first million. Its not the money that make ya.

bullgator

You did that very thing yesterday afternoon to somebody else. Looks like your favorite month is Ju-ly.
Whatever you’re talking about,……I’m sure you’re right. :rockon:

bullgator

You know what I’m talking about and so does the guy you said it to.
Nope, no idea. Just keep twisting until it fits your narrative though.
Wait! is this about sprinkles? :rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
All right, let's calm down the personal stuff. Again.

sbroadwell

Very good thread - I spent all morning reading it. Now I gotta say something.
I hate growth, absolutely hate it. It's chased me for years. I grew up in north Fulton County, just south of the Chattahoochee off a road named Hightower Trail. In the 50 and 60s this was flat out country. We had about 3 acres but the land behind up was all woods, for miles, all the way to the river. I have no idea who owned it, but it didn't matter, as no one ever said anything to us kids wandering on it, first with bb guns, then pellet guns, then 22 rifles.

We had no TV and no car, so I didn't have much to do. My whole childhood I was either reading, or wandering the woods. It was a wonderful way to grow up. The road in front of my house was gravel, and I could shoot guns in the yard with no problems.

But in about 1971, when I was already out of the house, my mom got an offer from Howard Chatham, who was hooked up with Northside Realty, to sell it to him. The house was old, only four rooms, and the bathroom was up on the hill, so I advised her she should listen to him. She sold it for FAR more than what I thought it was worth, and she used that money for the rest of her life.

Several years ago I was curious about it so I drove over there. Up Roswell Road, right on Hightower, left on Wing Street. I didn't recognize anything! Even the rock wall in front of the house my grandfather built (he was a rock mason) was completely gone. I've never gone back again. It's just too sad.

My dad had a little print shop, Broadwell Press, right downtown. 11-1/2 Forsyth Street, right down the street from Rich's. I would often go to work with him in the summers. Once I got to be 10 or so, I could go anywhere. I wandered by myself all over Atlanta. Would see movies at the Loews, Fox or Rialto. Would go to the library, of the magic shop right around the corner. And of course I spent a lot of time at the army stores on Alabama Street. At 13 I bought my Sheridan 5mm pellet gun from Roberts Sporting Goods on Marietta Street. (Still have that Blue Streak).

These days, even grown and armed, I wouldn't dare walk around Atlanta, much less let a kid do it.

So even though industries coming in are good for my work, ever time I hear about some big company moving it, it saddens me. We've lost so much since I was a kid.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What in the Sam Hill is a Wawa?