Panama City Flats fishing

Jsheff

A few of my friends and myself are headed to Panama City next weekend and we are planning on doing some flats fishing. It will be our first time fishing there and we are trying to get on a few reds and trout. Not trying to ask for any secret spots but if you have any pointers and where we may catch a few any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Upatoi Sportsman

I am also interested in this. A buddy and I have been talking about taking a trip down there for a day or two to do this in our kayaks.

Al White

If you don't mind a 30 minute drive - head towards mexico beach. There's a boat ramp once you start passing through Eglin AFB - you'll see it on Google earth. There's a small "bay" behind crooked island. Fished there and caught a good amount of reds, blues, shark, and Spanish mackeral. The west side of the bay is best, or was when we were there. Used bull minnows, and fished about 30 ft out from the edge around the dark grassy spots.

Al

A few of my friends and myself are headed to Panama City next weekend and we are planning on doing some flats fishing. It will be our first time fishing there and we are trying to get on a few reds and trout. Not trying to ask for any secret spots but if you have any pointers and where we may catch a few any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

blakely

Don't forget to get a pass if you're gonna put in at the Research Rd ramp. It's only $11 a year and can be done online or on base during business hours. They've been tightening up on people having those passes recently from what I understand.

blakely

If you put in at the ramp on the Calloway side of the Dupont Bridge before entering Tyndall, you can fish East Bay without the Tyndall access permit.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Try the flats outside of the bayou mouths on the gferp grop of vyui bay.
Hope you get my drift!