Panama city/destin/st. joe offshore captains

kentuckychuck

I am looking for recommendations for an offshore trip in the panama city, destin or st joe area. Looking for good captain and preferably a center console set up so we can get out the fish quicker. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Chuck

Big7

The Oracle
Watching this thread.

I've been wanting to fishing somewhere while the spring bite is on.

doomtrpr_z71

I'd avoid pcb then, they don't like to get out of sight of the beach.

Lady j runs a 36ft yellowfin out of port st Joe and was a great trip when we went.

kentuckychuck

I'd avoid pcb then, they don't like to get out of sight of the beach.

Lady j runs a 36ft yellowfin out of port st Joe and was a great trip when we went.
Thanks for the information I looked online before posting here and saw that boat. I am leaning towards st. joe because i have never been there before. And I have fished PCB and you are right! I want to go out there where alot of boats dont go every single day!

crappiecatchin

Look up tailhunter out of Panama City. 42ft cc fishes around 60-65 miles out every day. Normally limits on both snapper and grouper with 6 people. Gets slot of scamp grouper which is 4 per person.

oatmeal1

Agree with first light in destin along with twilight and 100 proof but not cc. Andy Bolger chum em up charters in mexico beach has a cc.

LTZ25

Want a boat ride go to Fl , want to catch fish then go to outer banks or Lower La. I would guess Fl seafood you catch is around a $100.00 a lb .

GeorgiaGlockMan

Gary Jarvis on the Back Down or back down II.

Been a few years but he put us on fish everytine on a 48 hr trip from Destin. Hope he is still around as we been talking about another trip.

pottydoc

Want a boat ride go to Fl , want to catch fish then go to outer banks or Lower La. I would guess Fl seafood you catch is around a $100.00 a lb .
I've fished Venice many times, and live and fish regularly out of Indian pass, PSJ and Apalach. the bottom fishing isn't much, if any, better out of Venice than it is here. You want tuna and other pelagic's, Venice all the way. Bottom fish, stay right here. And charters are much cheaper here than Venice. Probably twice as much per pound compared to local charters. On top of that, Getting fresh fish to eat is a bonus. You will always buy fish at a local market cheaper than you can catch them.

pottydoc

I would beg to differ. The bottom fishing in Venice, or other places in that area is very good, but so is it around Mexico Beach down to Apalach. As far as the price of fish, a Venice charter will cost 2k and up, plus fuel. The rates here are cheaper, and no gas charge. That will usually be another $1300-1500.00 a day for the non FL boats.

FWI: I've fished extensively in both areas.

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
A buddy I used to fish with in Homestead lives in Ga. now and he uses Salty Knots out of St. Pete. if you want to go down that far.

They wear them out and go as far as 120 miles out in 300 ft of water.

Go to Salty Knots Fishing Charters FB page.
The guy in the water with a GIANT Grouper is my buddy, Tim Allison.

He's from saltwater and he won't go out with anyone else.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I am looking for recommendations for an offshore trip in the panama city, destin or st joe area. Looking for good captain and preferably a center console set up so we can get out the fish quicker. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Chuck
You've got a large area there.
A couple of thoughts.
Is this a family trip with some staying on shore while some are fishing?
If so, PCB or Destin. Deep water closer and a lot for those left on shore to do.
If it's strictly a fishing trip, there are several charters out of St. Joe that offer overnight trips for what you would pay for a day trip in PCB or Destin.
Narrow down your area to your needs and there are Capt's. there to accommodate you.

GAHunterr

Capt. Law out of Anderson's in PCB is good. We've used him for years. Caught 98 lbs of snapper, grouper, and jack last week.