Pauper meltdowns

StriperAddict

Great meditation and study from Frank Friedmann.
--------

If I put a million dollars in a bank account in your name, but never told you about it, would you still be a millionaire? Absolutely, there is a bank account with a million dollars in it in your name. Isn’t that wonderful? No, not really. Because you do not know of the riches I have given you, you do not live out of those riches, but continue to live like a pauper.

That is much the state of the modern church. God has blessed the body of Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:3), but the church at large does not know of those riches and continues to live as paupers constantly begging for more. We pray for forgiveness, when we have already been forgiven of ALL our sins (Colossians 2:13). We pray for more strength, when Almighty God Himself, lives inside us (Colossians 1:27). We pray for more love, when He has already told us He loves us with an infinite love (Jeremiah 31:3). It seems to me that the Holy Spirit anticipated this phenomenon would occur.

In Ephesians one, Paul made an incredible declaration concerning this issue. In Ephesians 1:3-14, he informs us of all the blessings that we have in Christ. He was so excited, this is actually one, long, run on sentence in the Greek! It was as if he simply could not contain himself as he pondered all that God has done for us.

But then do you know what Paul did? In Ephesians 1:14-20, he prayed that we would receive a spirit of revelation so that we would know the hope of our calling. In other words, he prays that we would understand what we have, point being that we can have and not know what we have. As those who have had the Spirit open our eyes to those blessings, our present ministry is really “Evangelizing Christians” - helping our brothers and sisters in Christ also come to understand what we have in Christ. But is that enough? No, not really.

Let’s go back to my gift of a million dollars to you. Let’s say that after several years, I finally tell you that you are a millionaire, that years ago I put a million dollars in the bank in your name. You now know you are a millionaire. Isn’t that exciting? No, not really. In your mind, you reason that 1) I don’t have a million dollars to give you; and 2) That if I had a million dollars, I certainly wouldn’t give it to you! The end result is that you don’t believe what you now know, because it is too good to be true. So, even though you now know you are a millionaire, you continue to live as a pauper because you do not believe what I have told you.

Again, this is the state of the modern church. When we tell them how good God is and all that He has done for us in the New Covenant, they simply refuse to believe it. They fail to believe they are saints, and no longer sinners. They refuse to accept their forgiveness and insist they have to continue to ask for it or they won’t be forgiven. They shudder at our telling them they are righteous, even though II Corinthians 5:21 makes it very clear that Jesus has made us righteous. What are we to do if they will not believe what we tell them?

By all means, continue to pray for these dear people that the Holy Spirit will open their eyes to the glory of the finished work of Jesus. Even when Jesus Himself taught the disciples, without the Holy Spirit teaching those men it was just speaking and hearing, and not teaching and learning (John 14:25-26).

I do believe though, that the very best thing we can do is experience by faith the life that Jesus has brought us, and then express that life to others. This life in the Spirit is clearly defined in Galatians 5:22-23. as a life that is full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Remember, these are not behaviors that we try to accomplish out of our resources, but the incredibly dynamic life of the Holy Spirit Himself placed into union with our own life. As we walk by faith, the dear people we are trying to teach with the glory of the New Covenant will actually get to experience the reality of the New Covenant in and through us. This is the greatest gift that we can give them, to let them see the gift of God manifest in our lives. Our lives can offer proof of our riches in Christ, just like I can produce a bank statement to prove the riches I put in your bank account.

Make sure my friends, that we not only teach of this life, but that we live it, to the glory of Jesus, Who is saving us with His LIFE!

Wow. And again, I say, WOW!

gordon 2

???? Quote "Again, this is the state of the modern church. When we tell them how good God is and all that He has done for us in the New Covenant, they simply refuse to believe it. They fail to believe they are saints, and no longer sinners. They refuse to accept their forgiveness and insist they have to continue to ask for it or they won’t be forgiven." end quote
----------------

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

------------------------------------
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

--------------------
All this is very confusing.
-----------------------
Am I OK if I believe myself a saint and a sinner? Knowing that I love God with all my heart, and yet I do sin or I know it is possible for me to sin at the blink of an eye?

Also I know that I have a "religious" means to direct my repentance or a sure fire way to get back to naked intimacy ( walk without cloak or fig leaf) with my Lord through the body of Christ. I know it actually works by experience.

Am I lost worst than had Christ never been my friend? You see although I believe I am a saint ( which might be a false belief) I know how easy it is to sin. As a matter of fact I know that it very difficult to love and easy to sin--- for me at least.

Is a real Christian so assembled that repentance is not required, because a real Christian does not sin or if he/she does sin the sins are overlooked by the Creator because.______________ yet scripture says to confess our sins. I'm confused? Can a Christian sin against a pagan and it shall not be accounted to the Christian and a Pagan sin against anyone and it will be accounted to him?

Before the cross Jesus was going around forgiving the sins of folks. If Jesus was to come around today he would not have to forgive due the cross, which cross forgave all sin... if I understand. Jesus would have no need to point out that " They fail to believe they are saints, and no longer sinners." because even for this failure, if it was such, they are already forgiven.

???? I'm a confused religious person? What is wrong with me that I find what is plain to many so confusion for me? I feel like the Ethiopian in front of Philip.

Just people, righteous people are not sinners anymore? Christians are sanctified on the day of their "alter call"?

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much"

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
Only a saint will know he's a sinner.

And only sinners are called to hear Jesus say repent.

God has an interesting way of dealing with choice.

Only God removes any dispute of what zeal is.

Those whom I love I rebuke and chasten, be zealous therefore and repent.

Last edited:

StriperAddict

Methinks some are missing their holy identity, the new heart, the new man, or our crucifixion, our resurrection ... things that God did that made us alive.

And sure, we stumble often because we're not fully convinced of His removal of sin and the power of the gospel.

Its quite liberating to understand that there's a deceiving enemy! Not just the devil but the power of sin and the flesh, which both plants AND takes our horrific thoughts in our minds to try and convince us, erroneously, that complete redemption for every believer in the finished work of Christ is NOT possible.
The renewing of our minds is the growth we get to enjoy and share, allowing the body of Christ to be built up. And it's not the knowledge of a sinner identity He looks to form in us, but the inner Life of Christ who will never leave us nor forsake us. Are we alive in Christ because of our perfect thinking (then I am a dead man), or because the cross worked?

StriperAddict

*and from the belief (or law) that a believer remains a sinner brings with it all manner of sin, for apart from the law, sin (noun, to be clear) is dead.

StriperAddict

Appears the fall will be great for some.
Yes, having a form of Godliness (laws, Moses, old covenant ) while denying the power (of the Spirit).
A mixed house, one divided against itself never stands.

Madman

Yes, having a form of Godliness (laws, Moses, old covenant ) while denying the power (of the Spirit).
A mixed house, one divided against itself never stands.
The ungodliness is those who appear to be believers yet act otherwise, you will have to convince me the reference is to the old covenant.

3 You must understand this, that in the last days distressing times will come. 2 For people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 inhuman, implacable, slanderers, profligates, brutes, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to the outward form of godliness but denying its power. Avoid them!

These will be Christians also.

StriperAddict

Indwelt believing Christians have a new heart and they don't want to sin.
The ones who habitually take part of the sin list have neither the Spirit nor a new redeemed heart and refuse the free gift that transforms. Their behavior is never perfect, but growing in grace helps believers live from this new nature, having their minds and old beliefs renewed in the truth of their indwelling gift of the Son, who is perfectly at home in their heart, and lives to convince us, believers, of His indwelling.
That's where the real power is, and its, er, HE is relational, since we can come boldly to the throne of grace, no condemnation, and find mercy and grace to help (understand) our stumblings.