Pinelog WMA up for sale? Hopefully a rumor.

Has anyone else heard that Pinelog WMA is up for sale? My daughter sent me a text with the screenshot below in it. I assume she saw it on Facebook, which I do not and will not use. I did a web search and wasn't able to find anything to confirm this.

Could someone on here that is involved in real estate can do a search through your sources and see if anything can be found on this? If you are not familiar with the place, maybe this info will be helpful in your search: As I understand, Aubrey Corporation owns the land and leases it to the state for WMA usage. I believe Aubrey Corp is located around Cartersville, and the land is mainly in Bartow County, but some of it may be in Cherokee County. I think Rydal is the nearest small town. I suppose that selling it off would pay more than what they get from logging the land, or maybe they are getting tired of fooling with it.

I have spent a lot of time in there over the last 35 years or so. I can leave my house now and practically be in another world in 30 minutes. Land around the edges of it has been and currently is being developed. I have been afraid for a while they were going to eventually sell the whole place and turn it into yet more subdivisions, etc. That would be a crying shame, as the place is like an oasis for outdoor enthusiasts (hunters, hikers, people who fish, and mountain bikers).

Pinelog.jpg

ucfireman

I hope the state buys it. 3.2 Billion tax surplus last year.

That group will have a better chance of persuading the state than us hunters and fisherman, but hope the end result is SAVED.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
TTT……cause someone I chat with about hunting, when he stops in my store, just had to open his mouth! No Sean, not you :rofl:

Anywho, he said something about the state not being completely out of it Once again, as negotiations have started back up. I’d think if a rumor would have been started, it’d be started here. Let the rumors begin……..anyone?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’m seldom in here, but just grabbed this thread when it popped up, instead of starting a new one. Can someone move this to the deer hunting section. This is serious deer hunting stuff, not drivel :bounce:

Sargent

From what I've heard- Private sale is on hold.. Family really wants state to have it but red tape and the fact that the state cannot (by statute) pay over appraised value are getting in the way.

Property has been leased for one year to a private hunting club that is pretty secretive.

donblfihu

I went by there yesterday, the name of the hunting club is apex. Does anyone know anything about the club.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Where? East valley? Oak st? Main gate?