Planning a Trip to Rodney J Hall (AKA Butterbean) Ramp Next Weekend, Need Help

Fishmonkey

I plan to take my 19' Bay Boat to try for trout and reds and explore the kayaking options there. I have no experience in this area and am looking for some pointers and maybe a spot or two that might produce a fish or two. It's a 1 1/2-hour ride for me so yes, I'm breaking protocol and am asking for some hotspots. I have a decent map of the area so I can follow any directions you might offer. I have all the popular artificial lures, a working live well and a cast net (so live bait isn't a problem). Living so far away I don't know any local fishermen in the area, so this is the next best thing. If you don't want to make your spots public, you can message me, and I'll keep it to myself.

Fishmonkey

Aw com'on! Ain't nobody willing to share or were you fishing there all weekend and haven't seen my post yet.

Fishmonkey

Mouth of delagal creek on an out going tide. Use live shrimp on a kale hook/cork rig. If you can keep it about a foot off the bottom or less you will do well.
I see it on the map. I'll give it a try.

Seanote

First cut on right (I think it cuts through the marsh to moon river if I remember correctly) down river is shallow and full of oysters. I wouldn't be surprised if it was holding flounder and reds this time of year. The docks a couple of miles down river are worth fishing. Good luck.