Plant-based meat

jdgator

Not a fan. But apparently everyone else is. The non-meat companies and restaurants are buried in business.

sinclair1

Not a fan. But apparently everyone else is. The non-meat companies and restaurants are buried in business.
It will die down, they load them with sodium and saturated fats at levels 3 times real meat. One day soon, someone the followers in life get their marching orders from, will tell them it's actually bad for them.

A Vegan diet can be very healthy, but not one that includes laboratory food and over processed soy products.

One minute they hate GMO, then someone makes a GMO soy patty and it gets a pass. These people have no control over their lives and just wait to be told what to eat.

HermanMerman

Only once in my life have I sent a meal back at a restaurant, and it was when I ordered a burger and they gave me a soy burger. I took one bite and knew it wasn’t beef. So no, I’m not a fan.

BeerThirty

Plant-based meat is a contradiction of terms.

There in lies the problem. What are manufacturers supposed to call it then so that consumers still know what the product is without being deceived?

As a meat-industry employee, I don't believe it should be called meat. Meat comes from animal corpses in its purest form. I think some of these companies are doing the best they can by advertising the product as "plant-based burger", whereas a burger is a further-processed derivative that today a consumer understands could contain other ingredients.

Tyson also launched it's "Raised & Rooted" brand which makes things even more confusing, as real meat is blended with plant-based protein.

The bottom line is: there is a lot of grey area. Make sure you read labels carefully.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Is it taboo to boil plant-based meatlike product, same as it is to boil real meat?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
There in lies the problem. What are manufacturers supposed to call it then so that consumers still know what the product is without being deceived?

"Meatcake".

You can thank me later.:bounce:

NOYDB

BANNED
One minute they hate GMO, then someone makes a GMO soy patty and it gets a pass. These people have no control over their lives and just wait to be told what to eat.

They do not have control over anything. But still they vote.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Plant-based "meat " is not meat.