Please pray for Chad

olcaptain

Thanks guys. I hope to one day meet you all and thank you personally for your love and prayers.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am saddened by this news, I think of Chad everyday. As for my house, we are praying.

olcaptain

From Chad today:

Update.....We were hoping I would be able to start back chemo this morning after we met with Dr. McDonald, but we've got a couple of new hiccups this morning.

My white blood count has dropped even more this week. It's too low to do chemo again today and I've got a hole in my eardrum.My ear was hurting this morning, so we asked if I needed to see my primary doctor due to me being prone to infection. When dr. McDonald looked in my ear she found a lot of infection and a hole that's been there for quite sometime, she said. She's starting me on a round of antibiotics and she's referring me to a NEW ENT ��...

They are also staring me on a daily injection of a white blood cell booster to help me get my numbers back up. Once those are stable, she will decide whether she needs to back down from the current strength of chemo I am receiving or keep it like it is for another round once my blood count is back in the 1000 range. Right now it's down to 500 from 600 last week. She doesn't want to reduce the strength of chemo if she can avoid it.

Tmpr111

What a fighter! Yes sir, Mr. Chad. It's inspiring to read that and to witness what strength he's showing - and there's only ONE who can provide such strength! In HIM. Mr. Chad you have my upmost admiration. God Bless buddy.

olcaptain

What a fighter! Yes sir, Mr. Chad. It's inspiring to read that and to witness what strength he's showing - and there's only ONE who can provide such strength! In HIM. Mr. Chad you have my upmost admiration. God Bless buddy.

Speaking of fighting....Chad continues to work driving a forklift 30-40 hrs per week. Cancer isn't for Sissies.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
olcaptain,

My continued Prayers are being sent for Chad and your entire family. ::;::;::;::;::;::;

61BelAir

Speaking of fighting....Chad continues to work driving a forklift 30-40 hrs per week. Cancer isn't for Sissies.

Prayers for continued mental and physical strength for Chad, but especially for his spiritual strength to stay up there.

It's sad to think how many people in excellent health sit around and draw a disability check while good people with issues keep on keepin' on because they are responsible adults.

Tmpr111

Prayers for continued mental and physical strength for Chad, but especially for his spiritual strength to stay up there.

It's sad to think how many people in excellent health sit around and draw a disability check while good people with issues keep on keepin' on because they are responsible adults.

Often times it starts with how we're raised.... And I'd say Mr. Chad has been blessed to follow the lead of a pretty good Captain ;) for certain!

olcaptain

Just in this AM from Chad!

"White blood cell count is high enough to do chemo today!
Even gained some weight. Up to 240 lbs. God is good!"

(Keep in mind that Chad did weigh 290)