Polaris pool cleaner

Baroque Brass

I know this is a classic example of first world problems but does anyone know of a way to keep the supply line to the cleaner from tangling up? Before mine can finish the clean cycle it’s all knotted up and can’t move. I expect this when the water is cold and the hose is stiff but it’s been going on all summer. The swivels in the line seem to be free to move. The pool folks aren’t much help, his few suggestions haven’t worked.

BDD

If it's old I'd replace the swivels. Even if they feel free turning by hand they are probably binding.

TheWildLife

Also check the thrust jet position to make sure it's not sending the polaris in a constant tight turn causing the hose to tangle.

Baroque Brass

If it's old I'd replace the swivels. Even if they feel free turning by hand they are probably binding.
Pool is four years old.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Since you’re sure it’s pulling properly, I would suggest a new hose with new swivels. I’ve got to do the same thing before leaf season.

Baroque Brass

Since you’re sure it’s pulling properly, I would suggest a new hose with new swivels. I’ve got to do the same thing before leaf season.
Thanks.

PCNative

Move the position of the thruster, mine works best at 11:00 or 1:00. I've had the same problem and a slight adjustment can take care of it

Baroque Brass

Move the position of the thruster, mine works best at 11:00 or 1:00. I've had the same problem and a slight adjustment can take care of it
I moved it to about one o’clock and it seems to have helped. Thanks.