Pope says Christians and Muslims believe in the same God

PWalls

If you worship or call something "God" that isn't God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit then you are not worshipping the True God. Muslims do not do this. Therefore, not the same God. And, since there is only one God, what they are worshipping isn't even a God.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
If you worship or call something "God" that isn't God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit then you are not worshipping the True God. Muslims do not do this. Therefore, not the same God. And, since there is only one God, what they are worshipping isn't even a God.

But many of OUR Old Testament Prophets are THEIR Prophets as well, and same for the Jews...It is the same TREE just different branches.

PWalls

Do Jews worship the same God?

Yes or No

Yes

However, I have a caveat to that. They worship God as their ancestors did but not in accordance with how He wants them to worship them based on the New Testament and His Son.

PWalls

Anagama,

What is your opinion on the article? Let's hear it. Do you as a Catholic believe that Islams and Catholics worship the same God? Your Pope seems to think so. What about you?

PWalls

But many of OUR Old Testament Prophets are THEIR Prophets as well, and same for the Jews...It is the same TREE just different branches.

I think their branches went too far out and they fell off.

And, we have God's Word that tells us there is only one Way. There is only one path. If your on the same tree or a different tree or in a different forest, doesn't matter if you are not on the right Way.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I think their branches went too far out and they fell off.

And, we have God's Word that tells us there is only one Way. There is only one path. If your on the same tree or a different tree or in a different forest, doesn't matter if you are not on the right Way.

NO they never fell off. Just like a tree, some go for open ground some wither in the shade, some ar ebroken from ice, but they are the same tree.

There are many paths. But for Christians, it was and is Jesus, as the son of God, which is what I believe. But they (Muslim) still worship the same God the Father, but they followed Mohammed.

I changed my avatar for you. Kind of fits the times and the thread:)

dixie

NO they never fell off. Just like a tree, some go for open ground some wither in the shade, some ar ebroken from ice, but they are the same tree.

There are many paths. But for Christians, it was and is Jesus, as the son of God, which is what I believe. But they (Muslim) still worship the same God the Father, but they followed Mohammed.

I changed my avatar for you. Kind of fits the times and the thread:)

Can't be dawg, Jesus and God the Father are one and the same, and the Holy Ghost, can't believe in one without the other. This is why the difference.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Can't be dawg, Jesus and God the Father are one and the same, and the Holy Ghost, can't believe in one without the other. This is why the difference.

SO the Jews are worshipping whom? The devil?

StriperAddict

w/o reading all the posts, I'll share this...

dawg2, you are mislead about Islam. There are definitive differences between the Judeo-Christian faith from the bible and the muslim religion.

For starters, the Muslim "God" can do whatever He wants, even contradict his own book the Quran (Koran). Do you know the story of Mohammeds adopted son and his wife? Mohammed ordered Saied to divorce his wife so that he could marry her. Saied refused. The prophet gets a convenient 'revelation' and tells Saied that it is the will of Allah to do this. Saied, in submission to such, agrees. Do you see any problem with this?

My God is NOT the same as the violent 'god' of the Koran (see Koran/Sura 9:5 >arabic version< for how us christians and jews should be treated) and He operates within the boundaries of His holy word, the bible. The christian/jew killin' 'god' of the Koran cannot be the same as the God of the holy bible!

(BTW, God operating within the boundaries of His holy word gives every believer incredible comfort and security to know that, when He makes a covenant with us, HE will not break that covenant and strives to show us His love and mercy in the person of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.)

Another...
Nowhere in the Koran is there any hope from thier 'god' as to the absolute assurance of eternal life. A good muslim fears to be held in high regard from a god which he/she is told will never know personally.
That is not so with the God of scripture, Jesus came so that we might KNOW God and share a personal relationship with Him forever.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
dawg2, you are mislead about Islam. There are definitive differences between the Judeo-Christian faith from the bible and the muslim religion.

For starters, the Muslim "God" can do whatever He wants, even contradict his own book the Quran (Koran). Do you know the story of Mohammeds adopted son and his wife? Mohammed ordered Saied to divorce his wife so that he could marry her. Saied refused. The prophet gets a convenient 'revelation' and tells Saied that it is the will of Allah to do this. Saied, in submission to such, agrees. Do you see any problem with this?

My God is NOT the same as the violent 'god' of the Koran (see Koran/Sura 9:5 >arabic version< for how us christians and jews should be treated) and He operates within the boundaries of His holy word, the bible. The christian/jew killin' 'god' of the Koran cannot be the same as the God of the holy bible!

(BTW, God operating within the boundaries of His holy word gives every believer incredible comfort and security to know that, when He makes a covenant with us, HE will not break that covenant and strives to show us His love and mercy in the person of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.)

Another...
Nowhere in the Koran is there any hope from thier 'god' as to the absolute assurance of eternal life. A good muslim fears to be held in high regard from a god which he/she is told will never know personally.
That is not so with the God of scripture, Jesus came so that we might KNOW God and share a personal relationship with Him forever.

The Jewish "God" is a God of war, eye for an eye, so on. SO who are they worshipping? Look at what the Old Testament God did to Sodom and Gomorrah, look what he did to the Egyptians.

dixie

SO the Jews are worshipping whom? The devil?

Nope, keep in mind, the Jews have always worshiped the Father and they do believe in Jesus or the Messiah, but they believe he hasn't come yet, but still to come.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Nope, keep in mind, the Jews have always worshiped the Father and they do believe in Jesus or the Messiah, but they believe he hasn't come yet, but still to come.

So if the Muslims are not worshipping the same "Father" as us and the Jews, then why do they have so many parallel "Prophets" including JESUS, MARY, and JOSEPH???:huh:

justthinking

Christ FULFILLED the law and the prophets - the Jews and Muslims deny that, while Christians accept it.

It all comes down to "The Name" - Jesus or Yeshua. What will you do with The Name?

Apart from Christ you have nothing. Joined with Christ you have everything. What will you personally do about it?

It's the best offer on the planet. Forgiveness of sins and eternal life - but you must be washed in His atoning blood, that He shed for all mankind. You must accept the free gift. It is not good enough to know about it - you must personally accept it.

When Jesus said on the cross "It is finished!", that was it - nothing, or no one, would ever be needed for the atonement of sin. Praise God.

All by faith, I might add -- no works will ever work either.
Faith in Christ alone - anything else is filthy rags.

What will you do about The Name????

Don't delay your decision either - all the world (including the US) is geared up to divide Jerusalem, the apple of God's eye, in the name of "peace". Unthinkable days lie ahead. After last Tuesday, nothing remains the same.

What will you do about The Name????

Last edited:

dixie

So if the Muslims are not worshipping the same "Father" as us and the Jews, then why do they have so many parallel "Prophets" including JESUS, MARY, and JOSEPH???:huh:

just my rantings dawg, but go back to the beginning of the Bible, why was satan cast out? who tempted Jesus and with what? satan is a part of Gods plan for this world and what better lie for satan to use than Gods words twisted into a parallel religion?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
just my rantings dawg, but go back to the beginning of the Bible, why was satan cast out? who tempted Jesus and with what? satan is a part of Gods plan for this world and what better lie for satan to use than Gods words twisted into a parallel religion?

Don't get me wrong. They "followed" the wrong path.

PWalls

Anagama,

What is your opinion on the article? Let's hear it. Do you as a Catholic believe that Islams and Catholics worship the same God? Your Pope seems to think so. What about you?

Answer the question Anagama.

PWalls

You can't square this

with this

If they arent' worshiping the way He wants them too then aren't they by default worshiping a false God?

Let me be more clear. Jews and Islamists both will end up in Hades if they do not come to worship Jesus Christ. Period. However there are some Jews who are Israelites that worship God and are still His Children. However, they are still destined for ************ unless they repent. God will redeem those Israelites at the time of the Rapture through the Great Tribulation. The Jewish God of the Old Testament is sill the God of the New Testament. However, He has given a new path to Him and salvation. So therefore, some Israelites/Jews try to worship the same God but they are just doing it wrong. Is that more clear for you?

PWalls

Because on top of the Bible being the word of God, it is also a historical book. There are real people and places depicted within it. I would expect cross-over. Especially in the light that they trace their lineage back to Abraham. And, honestly, I do not believe that the Koran is Inspired, Inerrant and Infallible. So, who's to say some copying wasn't going on?

PWalls

The Jewish "God" is a God of war, eye for an eye, so on. SO who are they worshipping? Look at what the Old Testament God did to Sodom and Gomorrah, look what he did to the Egyptians.

The Jewish God is also a God of Love. Look what He did for Lot to keep him from the judgement of Sodom and Gomorrah. Look at what He did for His children to get them out of Egypt and feed/water them in the wilderness.