Post a picture from your past that takes you back.

earlthegoat2

This one takes me back to a time that was so simple and idyllic it almost doesn’t seem like it ever existed.

An unnamed but private island McGregor Bay off of Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada.

Edit to add: 44” 23# Northern Pike

Maybe 2005

8B5B95FE-C00B-4412-90C6-BCC42987AFC6.jpeg

Last edited:

Whitefeather

Management Material
Took this picture on my grandfather’s place in South Dakota in Sept of 2018. I remember me and my cousins playing on it in the 70’s before we moved to Georgia. Both grand parents are gone now. Every time I look at it I’m 8 years old ago….933BE96E-BDC0-49F5-AAF0-15ABF3F35A21.jpeg

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Little Baptist church in the woods where my wife and I were married 18 years ago. It was constructed about 1808 and was the third meeting house of the first Baptist congregation in the GA Colony. One of my 3G-Grandfathers was appointed to the committee set up to initiate the construction. My paternal grandmother was baptized there as well as her father, and likely his father, along with lot of her earlier family.

Some here will probably recognize the building and some, I expect, are members of that congregation. If any are interested I have a history of the Church that was written in 1952 and republished 20 years later in Washington, GA.

P7120002.JPGP7120002.JPGP7120005.JPGP7120010.JPGP7120011.JPG

Last edited:

ghadarits

Not that long ago, but you find out who your pals are when a Tornado rips through your farm. I'm second from the left. I'll never forget that week.

View attachment 1126433
Those are true friends! I had a similar revelation about my neighbors in 98 after the Dunwoody tornado. Only 2 other houses out of 25 were capable of doing anything to help the situation and one of them was a long retired Navy guy who shouldn't have been one of us clearing the roads but wasn't not going to help. R.I.P Patrick you were one of the good ones.