Potential sites for puma reintroduction

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
The Big Bend and Apalachicola National Forest would be likely places as well. If there's not already one or two there already.
I would bet there are more than we would imagine in that area. It's 50 miles wide with only FL-65 cutting through the middle. The creature from the black lagoon could be living in there for all we know! :LOL:

Lilly001

The Big Bend and Apalachicola National Forest would be likely places as well. If there's not already one or two there already.
I have a good friend who was a FFWC officer when he was younger. He worked the Ft Myers area and was involved in the monitoring they did by their airport (built in the middle of Panther habitat).
He said they were very hesitant to acknowledge an area as habitat because of the resources that were required.

lampern

No. Google Florida Panther Feasibility Study. It'll tell you all about it. Interesting read. I was lucky enough to see T 43.

Found it I think. Must be what I remember reading about
The Osceola/Okefenokee area of northern Florida and southern Georgia (Figure I) was chosen as a study area based on results of a panther habitat evaluation questionnaire sent to wildlife biologists of the FGFWFC (Belden 1987) and a previous study with translocated mountain lions. A brief description of this area can be found in Belden and Hagedorn (1993).

Core Lokt

I'd bet a lunch that there are. I say this because the ANF covers A LOT of area and I seen one with my own 2 eyes down the road from my house years ago. It was crossing the dirt road at a named creek, panther creek to be exact.