Prayers For A Friend of Mine Please

Redbow

A man I used to work with on the RR has come down with prostate cancer. I called my old buddy and ex-co-worker down in SC yesterday I had not heard from him in a while. His Wife answered the phone and told me that he wasn't home and Doc was receiving treatment for prostate cancer every day for like six weeks or so. After talking to his Wife for a few minutes I told her I would call him back later in the day. I did and not once did my friend mention his cancer, he did say he was having prostate problems and was being treated for it.

I guess he didn't want to talk about the cancer thing and I did not question him about it. Doc is going on 79 years of age, a bit older than I and I do hope his prognosis is a good one with his cancer. Time will tell but so will prayers for his recovery. Thanks in advance everyone.

dslc6487

Been there and done that......had external radiation......25 treatments and then they put radioactive seeds in my prostate........that was back in 2018.....have had no problem sine and my PSA is below 0.1....have it checked every 4 months........so, prayers sent up for you and your friend..

However, I do not believe in the words, "cancer free"........but I am a full believer in the word "remission" and thanks be to God and my medical team that I have not had any problem since........but you never know

Redbow

Thanks guys and I know Doc appreciates the prayers as well. BTW, Doc is my friends nickname, his last name is Holladay.

This site rocks the best people on the internet and indeed on the planet hang out here. :)(y)