Pre or post emergent

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
24Db is about your only choice. I been fighting milk thistle in mine for years now. You win some you lose some.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
You could try a weed wiper with a 50/50 solution of glyphosate and just run it 6" above the clover, to get the johnson grass and thistle. Clover is tolerant of glyphosate ..... but will set it back if you touch it.

Attachments

• Weed Wiper Pup-1.jpg
    Weed Wiper Pup-1.jpg
    731.3 KB · Views: 20

doomtrpr_z71

Imazethapyr is pretty much your only other choice for thistle but it's not going to do much better than 24db for the money.

Fenoxaprop-ethyl, Fluazifop, or Sethoxydim for the Johnson grass or multiple clethodim applications.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Imazethapyr is pretty much your only other choice for thistle but it's not going to do much better than 24db for the money.

Fenoxaprop-ethyl, Fluazifop, or Sethoxydim for the Johnson grass or multiple clethodim applications.

I've had good luck with 24db on thistle. It's the birds I'm fighting. They drop seed in their poop, it sprouts and develops, I hit it with 24db, it dies, they fly over again, rinse and repeat as necessary.

doomtrpr_z71

I've had good luck with 24db on thistle. It's the birds I'm fighting. They drop seed in their poop, it sprouts and develops, I hit it with 24db, it dies, they fly over again, rinse and repeat as necessary.
And there's no good preemerge for thistle in clover so that makes it a harder battle

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
And there's no good preemerge for thistle in clover so that makes it a harder battle

Every Spring I think last year's application did the trick. Then about the first of May here they come again. I try to get them sprayed before they start putting out stalks.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Just means you have wonderful neighbors :ROFLMAO:

Yep. Somebody ain't holdin' up their end of the bargain. I can't afford to buy all of the 24db out there on the market and give it away. :bounce:

Last edited:

Bucaramus

What rate per gallon of the above mentioned Johnson grass killers?

Jim Boyd

…..is that in English, sir??????

Bucaramus

Uh to me it is :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sethoxydim is 1-2.5 pints/ac
Fluazifop is 1-1.5 pints/ac
Fenoxaprop is 20-28oz/ac
Seems that those must be quite a bit more potent than Cleth being that you use so little per acre. 2 of my clover plots look really good right now. 2 still need some work. Thanks for your help as always!

Latest posts