Problems with my rubber boots

donblfihu

Lately every time I wear my rubber boots I get a rash on my legs or ankles. I’m wondering if I’m allergic to them or could it be there’s not enough air getting in or could it be something else. Anyone have an idea or experience this?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Lately every time I wear my rubber boots I get a rash on my legs or ankles. I’m wondering if I’m allergic to them or could it be there’s not enough air getting in or could it be something else. Anyone have an idea or experience this?
Change detergent or just use baking soda to wash them. Take an extra pair of socks with you to change.

Wear a liter pair of socks

Untuck your pants from your boots to allow air flow

Last edited:

chrislibby88

Never had or heard of that issue. If it’s contact dermatitis/allergy reaction hydrocortisone cream or Benadryl should knock it out. It is possible to be allergic to the rubber or adhesives. Most boots have a fabric liner in them though, and we assume you wear socks, so that’s two layers of fabric between skin and the rubber.

Could be a heat/sweat rash? I get a heat rash on my collar bones and shoulders under my backpack straps, especially on multi day hunts where I’m hauling my climber in and out long distances. Try silk sock liners, or do what @WOODIE13 said and see if it improves.

donblfihu

Great ideas it happened last week bought a new pair of boots same brand and it happened again. I wear socks different kinds but they’re mid weight wool and synthetic. I’m going going to untuck my pants and wear lighter socks, it just baffles me because before I never had this problem. I washed them out and it didn’t help, I wear other boots and they don’t bother me, I’m going to get some hydrocortisone and put it on also. Thanks for the ideas and any other ones will be appreciated I like wearing rubber boots when I deer hunt they’re supposed to be snakebite proof to.

Bkeepr

Me too! I wore some neoprene boots with compression socks all day for 2 days with fresh socks and a shower and had a red rash anyway. I switched to my leather hunting boots which go lower on my leg, and had the rash again but it only went as high as the leather boot. Staying in sweaty socks and boots all day irritates me. I had to use cortizone cream at night and take a Zyrtec pill so I could sleep.

chrislibby88

Me too! I wore some neoprene boots with compression socks all day for 2 days with fresh socks and a shower and had a red rash anyway. I switched to my leather hunting boots which go lower on my leg, and had the rash again but it only went as high as the leather boot. Staying in sweaty socks and boots all day irritates me. I had to use cortizone cream at night and take a Zyrtec pill so I could sleep.

Forgot about the non drowsy antihistamines. Claritin or Zyrtec might be better for day use than Benadryl.