PSA: FL Resident Lifetime Licenses @ 50% Discount

Gator89

JROESEL

I don’t see a selection for a lifetime, for out of state residents, am I missing something??

Gator89

I know a few folks like myself reside in FL, but hangout on this forum.

I am reasonably certain some of the GON members reside in GA but have grandkids and such that live in FL.

So I shared the information for the folks fit the above description.

But, I don't believe FL offers a lifetime license to non-residents.
I don’t see a selection for a lifetime, for out of state residents, am I missing something??

DynamicDennis

Sure enough wish I could afford to hunt in central/south FL, I would buy 1 for all my family. Hopefully reside in GA soon enough, no plans on going back to scumshine state.

Gator89

Sure enough wish I could afford to hunt in central/south FL, I would buy 1 for all my family. Hopefully reside in GA soon enough, no plans on going back to scumshine state.

The Gold Sportsman's option includes saltwater fishing, just in case them grandchil'ren are so inclined. Lots of folks in GA fish the Gulf.

Short of having access to free (family, friends, etc.) land to hunt in FL, there is little reason to leave GA to deer hunt.

But if someone likes to fish the salt, putting a lifetime license in your pocket is a money saver.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
That's a great opportunity for sure. I wonder if the loss of revenue will be borne by the FWC or if it's being made up for from general tax revenue?

Gator89

That's a great opportunity for sure. I wonder if the loss of revenue will be borne by the FWC or if it's being made up for from general tax revenue?

It would be interesting to know how many lifetime licenses they sold at $1k each.

Louisiana will sell a non-resident a lifetime license, but it is $4 grand.

1697568236349.png

Geffellz18

Gov. DeSantis has instructed the FWC to offer certain licenses at a 50% discount.

If you are less than 60, a $500 lifetime sportsman license is a great deal. Buy your kid or grandkid a lifetime license.

Even though I am 62, I bought one in case I decide to bug out of FL when I retire.

Dang-I missed this opportunity by a mere 22yrs!