Purr

Arrow Flinger

The only pointer I can give you is use a slate. I tried for 10 years and finally quit trying to purr with a mouth call. I think some of us just don't have the mouths for it.

Glenn

I have also been trying for years and can only get a half purr :eek:

My father has it down pack and can purr like a cat but he has to go through several differnt calls until he finds the perfect one that will play a tune.

Like Flinger said; stick with a friction call for purring unless you get good at it on a mouth call.

TIP: My father says to curl the tip of your tongue up and exhale to make the tip "Flutter". I can do it without a call in my mouth but once the call is in I can't get it to sound right.

Trizey

Purring is really tough, I'm like Glenn and only get a half purr.. :crazy:

The only pointer I can give you is use a slate.

That's a great pointer! :bounce:

Arrow Flinger

The people that I know of that can really purr great, do it by fluttering the little hangy thing in the back of their throat. Mine don't work that way though. It makes me sick, my Son can purr like a pro. :banginghe

Michael Lee

It takes a lot of practice and a double reed call works the best for me.

I flutter my tongue like I am making a machine gun sound with my mouth.

Also you can flutter your lips, but this does not sound as good to me. Kind of like you are going p-p-p-p-p-t-t-t-t

Hope that helps a little.

ML

AliBubba

Thx y'all... glad to know that I am not the only one that can't purr... but I will keep trying...

Outdoor-Writer07

Purring...

It's easy if you can ever pick up the method of doing and making it sound right. I too go through several calls before I can find one that I can purr on easily. Practice, Practice, Practice.... :cool:

GobblingDawg

The best purrs with a mouth call come from using the back part of your throat like Flinger said. At first, it is kind of tough to get the right air flow and vibration back there, but when you get it, you got it!!!

The good thing about figuring out how to do this is that you don't even have to have a call in your mouth. Once you have it down, doing it without a call in your mouth sounds almost as good as a call being in (with alittle practice!).

Good luck figuring it out!! :cheers:

Go Dawgs and come on March,
GobblingDawg

:banana: