PVC pipe connection out of well with major leak

Shadow11

I think you’re fine. If it was going to leak it’d show up by now.

The next time you break it down I’d stick a 3 inch nipple in that brass fitting and then a coupling. That’ll give you a little pipe to hold on to and you won’t have to worry about pvc threads breaking off in that “Merrill” fitting.

If they break it’ll be in a coupling - cheaper and easier to replace.

Also - keep you a box full of parts. My nephew opened my well house door the other day to see if he can ring the door opening with his football…….fortunately I have fittings in my well house.
Lol. Even as a grown man I can't say I haven't done that. Few yrs ago church league softball was starting up, and I figured out I could get on one side of the basement, throw the ball against the wall as if the shortstop was throwing to me, and I could throw the length of the basement to work on my double plays at 2nd. I broke a couple of lights and the drain pipe coming from the kitchen/laundry room.

Wish I could've done more of what you guys suggested above. I never saw any of the schedule 80 at lowes, and when i found what I needed at howard bros, I grabbed it and went. Still no water leaking, so gonna fill back up with dirt. Putting a 4x4 under pipe for support.

Latest posts