Quick Dismount!

six

While going to move a stand today I executed a perfect dismount off a moving four wheeler. I have done this in the past, but never with such precision. Not paying any attention I drove right into an occupied Joro spider web. I couldn’t have placed it anymore center on my face. Body resting on my nose and between my eyes, and I think all eight legs if not more were evenly spread in each of my eyes, and a web wrapped around my face from one ear to the other. At that point I decided to opt for the hardly ever attempted moving dismount, while simultaneously doing one of the best spider dances ever seen. And to top it of I nailed the landing! One of my proudest moments, and unfortunately there was no audience to witness such greatness.

I guess it’s time to put a piece of pvc or something on my front rack to catch the webs.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Well not quite but the pics would have been great. 4-Wheeler OK?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
While going to move a stand today I executed a perfect dismount off a moving four wheeler. I have done this in the past, but never with such precision. Not paying any attention I drove right into an occupied Joro spider web. I couldn’t have placed it anymore center on my face. Body resting on my nose and between my eyes, and I think all eight legs if not more were evenly spread in each of my eyes, and a web wrapped around my face from one ear to the other. At that point I decided to opt for the hardly ever attempted moving dismount, while simultaneously doing one of the best spider dances ever seen. And to top it of I nailed the landing! One of my proudest moments, and unfortunately there was no audience to witness such greatness.

I guess it’s time to put a piece of pvc or something on my front rack to catch the webs.
Voice of experience here. The single spider blocker in front of the 4 Wheeler does not do the job very well. It just pushes the center of the Web forward while the rest of it falls back into your face.. You need 2 flexible spider webbers, one on each front corner.
I just zip tie a couple of small branches there with a little bit of leafage left on them.

Hillbilly stalker

Those small fiberglass rods used for driveway markers work very well. Right next to the For sale signs. Their reflective also.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I can visualize pretty good, but I sure wish I could have been behind you watching this all unfold!

specialk

I used to use an old cb ant. mounted on front rack centered and tilted slightly forward.....now a golf cart fixes all that for me....

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I just walk with my bow or gun out in front of me. It's good exercise.:bounce:

Reactions: six

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I try to follow someone at least as tall as I am.

Reactions: six

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Have your son ride on the front of the 4 wheeler to catch the webs.

frankwright

I was riding my ATV down a narrow trail grown up with dog fennel. I was zipping fairly good when I saw the big head of a rattlesnake sticking up.
I swerved the best I could and picked up my feet like a kid riding a bicycle in the rain.
It was a canebreak and it was huge. Either it was pregnant or had just eaten a rabbit or something.
I have an old CB antennae on the front of my ATV taller than me sitting down. Guys at camp laughed at me until I told them it was a spider web remover. Before long everyone had some sort of stick or pole on their ATV too.
It has saved me many times.