Quick rant

Robert28

I’ve ordered the same gun from 4 different reputable online stores and ALL have issues me refunds for it being out of stock even though it was listed “in stock” on all of their websites. I’m starting to think it’s a price thing as no one wants to sell me a $450 AR15 :LOL: I’ve never had this much hard luck trying to order a gun in my life. Oh well, I guess the gun gods are telling me I don’t need a new gun right now.

Big7

The Oracle
I’ve ordered the same gun from 4 different reputable online stores and ALL have issues me refunds for it being out of stock even though it was listed “in stock” on all of their websites. I’m starting to think it’s a price thing as no one wants to sell me a $450 AR15 :LOL: I’ve never had this much hard luck trying to order a gun in my life. Oh well, I guess the gun gods are telling me I don’t need a new gun right now.
Franklin's in Athens has a BUNCH of Radical Arms AR 15's in black or green. Skeleton front handguard for cooling and a bunch of rails for attachments.

$499.00 + Tax. No holds. No layaway.
Made in Texas.

AR's are not my cup of tea but if they were, Radical Arms is what I'd buy. VERY nice rifles.
They have an advertisement for them, and a lot of other stuff on the first ad page in the GON paper magazine.

Last edited:

Robert28

I got a mailer the other day about an online store selling Radicals for $399. I debated hard about getting one because even if I ended up with a bad one I could get most of my money back since the price was so low. I was trying to track down a del-ton 316m echo with the medium profile barrel for $400-450 but couldn’t ever find one in stock. Well they appeared to be in stock but when I ordered I’d always get a cancellation email the next day. Then I stumbled on an Sig M400 tread for $799. Doing some research that’s as low as that gun goes (Sig won’t allow it to be advertised for lower than that apparently) even 3 years ago when it was advertised as $850 people were claiming what a steal it was, so I figured for $799 and my money worth much less now than it was 3 years ago, I had to jump on it. Plus I have a Romeo 5 I need to do something with so I’ll stick it on there. It was going on whatever rifle I ended up with and I was planning on spending $400-450 but ended up doubling that. Gotta love gun shopping.lol

transfixer

If you're wanting one of the major brand names for resale value later ? then something like a Sig is great, if you're wanting one to shoot and use there are many other options out there just as good for less money, including building one your self,

Robert28

If you're wanting one of the major brand names for resale value later ? then something like a Sig is great, if you're wanting one to shoot and use there are many other options out there just as good for less money, including building one your self,
I tried building several from PSA but living in SC they aren’t always the best deal. They charge tax and shipping on everything and it usually kills the deal. Say you buy and upper and lower at the same time, they charge tax and shipping on both separately, same with boxes of ammo. So what looks like a deal for an AR at $400 usually ends up being $450+. If I order a complete rifle out of state I only pay shipping (sometimes free shipping) and no tax. I was seeing some Deltons on sale for that and sometimes less but couldn’t find any in stock. I wasn’t planning on buying the Sig but at $799 I couldn’t say no to it. I considered a Radical firearms at $399 but chickened out due to the hit or miss quality.

transfixer

I tried building several from PSA but living in SC they aren’t always the best deal. They charge tax and shipping on everything and it usually kills the deal. Say you buy and upper and lower at the same time, they charge tax and shipping on both separately, same with boxes of ammo. So what looks like a deal for an AR at $400 usually ends up being $450+. If I order a complete rifle out of state I only pay shipping (sometimes free shipping) and no tax. I was seeing some Deltons on sale for that and sometimes less but couldn’t find any in stock. I wasn’t planning on buying the Sig but at $799 I couldn’t say no to it. I considered a Radical firearms at $399 but chickened out due to the hit or miss quality.

PSA is fine for a standard rifle, I prefer to build mine from components, PSA isn't known for accurate barrels, and not known for great triggers, I'm an accuracy snob, I true my receivers before attaching a barrel, I pick and choose my components , and usually still end up with a rifle that costs less or comparable to store bought brand names

Robert28

PSA is fine for a standard rifle, I prefer to build mine from components, PSA isn't known for accurate barrels, and not known for great triggers, I'm an accuracy snob, I true my receivers before attaching a barrel, I pick and choose my components , and usually still end up with a rifle that costs less or comparable to store bought brand names
PSA uses a lot of 1/7 twist barrels on their deals. The Sig comes with a 1/8 stainless barrel and from videos I’ve watched it’s pretty dang accurate. My biggest gripe is the rail that it comes with and how hard it is to Mount backup sights.

Robert28

Picked up my Sig m400 tread today. I didn’t realize it until I picked the rifle up when they handed it to me and I inspected it, Sig made some changes to it apparently. Gone are the quick attach points on the lower that were built in, now there’s just one QA on the backside of the lower under the castle nut. Mine also came with the M16 bolt carrier as opposed to the AR15 bcg they had been using, so lucky me for that upgrade I guess. It’s a very lightweight rifle, felt like a nice piece. Now I just have to go find a day to shoot it when it’s not 100 degrees outside.

Dub

Picked up my Sig m400 tread today. I didn’t realize it until I picked the rifle up when they handed it to me and I inspected it, Sig made some changes to it apparently. Gone are the quick attach points on the lower that were built in, now there’s just one QA on the backside of the lower under the castle nut. Mine also came with the M16 bolt carrier as opposed to the AR15 bcg they had been using, so lucky me for that upgrade I guess. It’s a very lightweight rifle, felt like a nice piece. Now I just have to go find a day to shoot it when it’s not 100 degrees outside.

Sweet rifle. :rockon:

How are you going to set it up in terms of sights and/or optics ?

Early morning range time is the ticket. (y)

rosewood

Well, our gubment here in GA changed the laws where we now pay sales tax on everything even out of state. So, sometimes it is just as cheap to buy in state locally and not have to pay shipping.

That being said, the deals with PSA and Bear Creek Arsenal even with shipping and tax are still some great deals on ARs. Seems you can get a better deal by purchasing a complete upper and complete lower separately. If you time it right, you can get free shipping when they have a sale.

I have seen complete lowers at PSA between $99 and $129 regularly. And uppers in the $225 range. You can snap one together for about $350 or so. Of course you may have to pay a FFL x-fer free unless you got someone that does it for free. :)

Rosewood

Robert28

Sweet rifle. :rockon:

How are you going to set it up in terms of sights and/or optics ?

Early morning range time is the ticket. (y)
So far all I have on it is an sig Romeo 5 I had on hand that I wasn’t doing anything with. If I decide to put some iron sights on it I may have to change the handguard to a Sampson or an Sig upgrade as the stock one makes mounting those kind of difficult.

Robert28

Well, our gubment here in GA changed the laws where we now pay sales tax on everything even out of state. So, sometimes it is just as cheap to buy in state locally and not have to pay shipping.

That being said, the deals with PSA and Bear Creek Arsenal even with shipping and tax are still some great deals on ARs. Seems you can get a better deal by purchasing a complete upper and complete lower separately. If you time it right, you can get free shipping when they have a sale.

I have seen complete lowers at PSA between $99 and $129 regularly. And uppers in the $225 range. You can snap one together for about $350 or so. Of course you may have to pay a FFL x-fer free unless you got someone that does it for free. :)

Rosewood
I’m not sure how SC does their taxes. Some websites like kygunco don’t charge me any and other sites charge tax. I’m keeping my eye on those deals. It’s funny because PSA is an hour from my house and if you go in their store it’s not as big as you’d think. They also don’t have the deals in person that they have on the website. I’m still after my $400 AR, don’t worry lol

rosewood

I’m not sure how SC does their taxes. Some websites like kygunco don’t charge me any and other sites charge tax. I’m keeping my eye on those deals. It’s funny because PSA is an hour from my house and if you go in their store it’s not as big as you’d think. They also don’t have the deals in person that they have on the website. I’m still after my $400 AR, don’t worry lol
I think the GA law is based on the amount of sales a specific company has inside the state of GA. Below a threshold, they don't have to charge. Seems lots of companies are just doing it anyway to keep from fighting it.

Rosewood

Last edited:

bullgator

Yes, and they’ll find a way to piddle that new found income away like it never happened. They may even create new (unnecessary) departments to direct it towards.